Best Browser..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I've been using firefox for years as my preferred browser, and I'll continue to use it
    Im going with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
      Chrome has a nice integrated debugging tool however still not on the same level with Firebug. I personally use Chrome when i am surfing and use Firefox & Chrome during development. Chrome is way faster compared to Firefox and uses less system resources.
      Exactly my setup, can''t live without "native" Firebug but enjoy the speed of Chrome while browsing.

Comment

Ie6 ftw!

Internet Explorer 6 SP 3 FTW !
        • Proven technology. It’s been around since 2001.
        • NO bugs.
        • No unnecessary features that use up valuable screen space, such as tabs.
        • Handles GIF transparency.
        • First with AJAX technology (XMLHttpRequest, available since IE5).
        • Renders all pages as they are supposed to look by the only standard that really matters.
        • Consistent rendering of pages makes it the web designer’s best friend.
        • The most aesthetically pleasing web browser logo.
        • Highly secure (has received lots of security updates).
        • Clear interface.
        • Used by 97.34% of all internet users according to a onestat survey released July 28, 2003.

Comment

Opera for me too.

Comment

slimbrowser all the power of IE, however with out the bloat, is skinable, has roboforum plugin included, fast, never crashes without good reason, hell its perfect for netbook pc's.

unlike FF where everything is a plugin or different tool bar it has the features of IE and then some.

Comment

I've used FireFox for years as well, I'll be sticking to this. However, I did try out Chrome whilst it was still in Beta and it seemed to be fairly impressive, it definitely used less CPU resources over other browsers (including FireFox).

Comment

when i fire up slimbrowser i see ZERO impact on my quadcore cpu at all. infact even my duel core and old p4 machine had zero impact on the cpu from SB

Comment

Safari on Mac OS X
                  Chrome on Windows and Linux

I guess you could say I like WebKit best when it comes to rendering engines.
                  Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                    when i fire up slimbrowser i see ZERO impact on my quadcore cpu at all. infact even my duel core and old p4 machine had zero impact on the cpu from SB
                    Its just a repackaged IE, it uses Trident

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Its just a repackaged IE, it uses Trident
                      Change of name makes the worst browser the best...

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

I personally don't care for Chrome. I have it installed to test things but I feel like I'm using something that was written in a high school software class. It just looks generic to me although I did skin it and that improved it some. Perhaps I'm just a menus person. It at least knows how to render pages unlike IE...

I like and use Firefox.

IE is a pain and needs to die. I'm forced to use it at school. :?
                        Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
                        RPG Tools

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                          Change of name makes the worst browser the best...

it is more than a name change, however.

it may use the IE engine but it has none of the bloat and all of the features and then some.

Trident ? wintergreen or spirament?

Comment

Google chrome.

Comment

Windows Internet Explorer 9.
                              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                              vBulletin Hosting and Services
                              Server / Website Consultation

Comment

For those using Chrome as your daily browser, is there a corresponding offering similar to AdBlock+ for ad blocking?
                                [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X