X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Lairston

• Lairston
    replied
    I personally don't care for Chrome. I have it installed to test things but I feel like I'm using something that was written in a high school software class. It just looks generic to me although I did skin it and that improved it some. Perhaps I'm just a menus person. It at least knows how to render pages unlike IE...

I like and use Firefox.

IE is a pain and needs to die. I'm forced to use it at school. :?

Leave a comment:

• beishe8

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Its just a repackaged IE, it uses Trident
    Change of name makes the worst browser the best...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    when i fire up slimbrowser i see ZERO impact on my quadcore cpu at all. infact even my duel core and old p4 machine had zero impact on the cpu from SB
    Its just a repackaged IE, it uses Trident

Leave a comment:

• Quillz

• Quillz
    replied
    Safari on Mac OS X
    Chrome on Windows and Linux

I guess you could say I like WebKit best when it comes to rendering engines.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime

• Mike Anime
    replied
    when i fire up slimbrowser i see ZERO impact on my quadcore cpu at all. infact even my duel core and old p4 machine had zero impact on the cpu from SB

Leave a comment:

• Hauzer

• Hauzer
    replied
    I've used FireFox for years as well, I'll be sticking to this. However, I did try out Chrome whilst it was still in Beta and it seemed to be fairly impressive, it definitely used less CPU resources over other browsers (including FireFox).

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime

• Mike Anime
    replied
    slimbrowser all the power of IE, however with out the bloat, is skinable, has roboforum plugin included, fast, never crashes without good reason, hell its perfect for netbook pc's.

unlike FF where everything is a plugin or different tool bar it has the features of IE and then some.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    Opera for me too.

Leave a comment:

• B@N@N@M@N
    replied
    Ie6 ftw!

Internet Explorer 6 SP 3 FTW !
    • Proven technology. It’s been around since 2001.
    • NO bugs.
    • No unnecessary features that use up valuable screen space, such as tabs.
    • Handles GIF transparency.
    • First with AJAX technology (XMLHttpRequest, available since IE5).
    • Renders all pages as they are supposed to look by the only standard that really matters.
    • Consistent rendering of pages makes it the web designer’s best friend.
    • The most aesthetically pleasing web browser logo.
    • Highly secure (has received lots of security updates).
    • Clear interface.
    • Used by 97.34% of all internet users according to a onestat survey released July 28, 2003.

Leave a comment:

• Miko

• Miko
    replied
    Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
    Chrome has a nice integrated debugging tool however still not on the same level with Firebug. I personally use Chrome when i am surfing and use Firefox & Chrome during development. Chrome is way faster compared to Firefox and uses less system resources.
    Exactly my setup, can''t live without "native" Firebug but enjoy the speed of Chrome while browsing.

Leave a comment:

• ChopSuey

• ChopSuey
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I've been using firefox for years as my preferred browser, and I'll continue to use it
    Im going with it.

Leave a comment:

• johndept1

• johndept1
    replied
    firefox is best browser.

Leave a comment:

• Peter_Rosado

• Peter_Rosado
    replied
    Chrome all the way. This should have been made a poll.

Leave a comment:

• Olivier Turbis

• Olivier Turbis
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I've been using firefox for years as my preferred browser, and I'll continue to use it
    Same thing here.

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Biker View Post
    I remember the Internet BEFORE browsers. That's when Gopher, Usenet, and FTP were king!
    Ha! I feel nostalgic when reading that. I remember using Lynx on a VAX box back in college.

I have every mainstream browser installed for testing how sites look in each browser, but I stick with FireFox and IE for regularly daily browsing. Surprisingly, in Japan most people stick with IE, except those who have a clue about other browsers that exist. There are one or two Japanese only browsers floating around, they aren't for their purpose.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X