No announcement yet.

Best Browser..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox for me. On Windows 7 am running the latest Firefox - Minefield 3.7a5pre and it's fine.
    Opera is bloated and very buggy, more so than most browsers IMO.
    Don't trust Chrome. No choice as to where it installs and it DOES phone home far too often.

Comment

Chrome does some funny stuff and has been known to trip firewall port flood protection on some servers (mine included). I don't recommend it as a primary browser. Personally, I prefer Opera, but have most browsers installed for those times when I need to troubleshoot.
      I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

FireFox here, I use it all the time and hardly ever touch IE8 on windows anymore. It sucks!

Comment

I can agree with article.
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

I am cross browser compatible
            Opera > Maxthon > Firefox > IE

In that order

Comment

What? No Seamonkey??? LOL

Comment

Thought I would put up a pic of IE 1 just for fun, but after poking around on the internet I found this graph of Netscape navigator popularity. I think this graph is incredibly fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape_Navigator

Comment

Once AOL purchased the company, it was all downhill from there. That's why Mozilla came out after that. In fact, The Mozilla Project was originally started by Netscape in the late 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
                    Once AOL purchased the company, it was all downhill from there. That's why Mozilla came out after that. In fact, The Mozilla Project was originally started by Netscape in the late 90's.
                    Understood. It reminded me what may be yet to come for other companies, possibly soon.

Comment

I remember the Internet BEFORE browsers. That's when Gopher, Usenet, and FTP were king!

Comment

Opera is indeed the best browser
                        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
                          I remember the Internet BEFORE browsers. That's when Gopher, Usenet, and FTP were king!
                          Ha! I feel nostalgic when reading that. I remember using Lynx on a VAX box back in college.

I have every mainstream browser installed for testing how sites look in each browser, but I stick with FireFox and IE for regularly daily browsing. Surprisingly, in Japan most people stick with IE, except those who have a clue about other browsers that exist. There are one or two Japanese only browsers floating around, they aren't for their purpose.
                          To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                            I've been using firefox for years as my preferred browser, and I'll continue to use it
                            Same thing here.
                            Skinbox - Quality & Cheap vBulletin 4 skins

Comment

Chrome all the way. This should have been made a poll.

Comment

firefox is best browser.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X