Paypal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tubedogg
    Wire transfer fee (not sure how much) plus I'd lose a lot more in the conversion from GBP to US$. With PayPal I only lose something like 2.1%.
    oh really how did youwork that out.. conversion from GBP to US$ difference between paypal and wire transfer ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I didn't. But i'm pretty sure it would be more than 2%.

Comment

there shouldn't be any cost in a wire transfer above the fixed fee to do the transfer is there?
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
            there shouldn't be any cost in a wire transfer above the fixed fee to do the transfer is there?
            I don't know...if it is going from e.g. James' bank account in GBP to my bank account in US$ it is going to have to be converted at some point, and I assume I'll get shafted on that.

Comment

Yeah a few clients wired me payment and it cost them from 40 dollars (us dollars) up to 50. And then my bank sucks so much they charged me 10 for an incoming wire. lol

With paypal I only lose a very small amount. And I lose it upon receiving the money. Not when withdrawing it.

I love paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                I don't know...if it is going from e.g. James' bank account in GBP to my bank account in US$ it is going to have to be converted at some point, and I assume I'll get shafted on that.
                Ive never had that problem. Ive been wired money from Scottland and the netherlands to here in the US and it was always as it should be. For instance, the guy from scottland was a 200 dollar job and he wired 140 pounds. When it hit my account it was 200 US. Just as it was supposed to be.

Comment

when i specified to wire x $ to someone in the states, the exchange rate that was used was the one the bank always uses for credit card changes etc so the real one. Of course i had to pay some fee for the wire (which is based on a % of the amount)
                  Christopher Padfield
                  Web Based Helpdesk
                  DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X