Paypal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal question

I have never used paypal before and i was wondering if my account is unverified where does the money i receive electronically go?

note: i am getting my account verified through my bank as we speak.

another question does my account have to be verified to receive money?

Comment

if you are not verified i think it just sits in the account. And yes i am pretty sure you can take money out of your account when not verified just not pay any in.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

so you cant send the money to your bank account?

Comment

If you are an international user, you must enter your CC in order to receive/send any money. If you live in the states you dont have to
          Board of the Month: November
          Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
          Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
          vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

yeah i entered my debit card info in.. So if i request money from someone it'll go directly into my bank account right? or do i have to verify my bank account first to deposit money?

(sorry im new to paypal wanna make sure of things before i do this transaction)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
              so you cant send the money to your bank account?
              not until it's verified... also if the policy hasn't changed if the funds are left unclaimed in your paypal account for more than 30 days they are returned to the sender i believe or has that changed now ?
              Last edited by George L; Mon 3rd Dec '01, 4:50am.
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

dang =\ i asked them to verify my account. So i guess ill talk to my bank account in a couple days to get the amounts that paypal deposited .

Its weird though that you can withdrawl money from the account if it isnt verified but you have to be verified to deposit the money? shouldnt it be the other way around? lol. I dunno i wouldnt care is someone deposited money into my account. But i would care if someone withdrew. *shrugs*

Comment

Hi,

Payments go to the PayPal account. Users can then:

a) send it to another party
                  b) withdraw to a bank account
                  c) withdraw via check (US only)

B and C require the user confirming information, as well as requesting the withdrawal from the site (all customer transactions are user-driven).

The verification process generally takes a few days to hit your bank account.

Comment

ok so i was going to ask.. so i cant transfer funds from my paypal account to my bank account? Cause i want the cash i have in my paypal account =\. Im verified and everything by the way.

Comment

Actually, you can. You can also use it shop online using their Virtual Debit Card. I got paid from Jelsoft via Paypal and I've been using that.

When you login go to the Withdrawl tab and you will see your options - the one to put money in your bank account is an Electronic Funds Transfer (or something like that).

Comment

woo it worked thanks Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          Actually, you can. You can also use it shop online using their Virtual Debit Card. I got paid from Jelsoft via Paypal and I've been using that.

When you login go to the Withdrawl tab and you will see your options - the one to put money in your bank account is an Electronic Funds Transfer (or something like that).
                          why not just wire transfer and save the paypal fees ?????
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Wire transfer fee (not sure how much) plus I'd lose a lot more in the conversion from GBP to US$. With PayPal I only lose something like 2.1%.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
                              woo it worked thanks Kevin.
                              np

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X