Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how long

    If I buy a vBulletin 4.0 license, do I pay for a year or apply it forever?
    From Sweden.

  • #2
    Originally posted by MIS View Post
    If I buy a vBulletin 4.0 license, do I pay for a year or apply it forever?
    You pay once.

    It lasts forever.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ace View Post
      You pay once.

      It lasts forever.
      I hope you tell the truth, can you verify that by pointing me to wherever its printed?

      best reguards.

      /MIS
      From Sweden.

      Comment


      • #4
        You pay for version 4, you can run one instance forever, you can download updates for the version 4 release only.
        Once version 5 is there, you will have to pay upgrade fee, but you can keep running version 4 on your site.
        This has always been the case (old owned license type for version 2 and 3).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MIS View Post
          I hope you tell the truth, can you verify that by pointing me to wherever its printed?

          best reguards.

          /MIS
          http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-99
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanx ;=)
            From Sweden.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi,

              Now it's just a few days left before I get my license.

              A small issue only, if I download the files, it will then automatically be the latest version, or do I need to upgrade anyway. I have seen that there is a vb 4.0 and vb 4.0.3.

              Sincerely

              / Mis
              From Sweden.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MIS View Post
                Hi,

                Now it's just a few days left before I get my license.

                A small issue only, if I download the files, it will then automatically be the latest version, or do I need to upgrade anyway. I have seen that there is a vb 4.0 and vb 4.0.3.

                Sincerely

                / Mis
                You can just download the 'Latest Stable Version' - that will give you the most current version at the time you download the vBulletin files. Presently, this will give you VB4.0.3.

                The previous version files are available but you should have no real need for them if you are starting a new site.
                To be updated...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool avatar MIS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ENF View Post
                    You can just download the 'Latest Stable Version' - that will give you the most current version at the time you download the vBulletin files. Presently, this will give you VB4.0.3.

                    The previous version files are available but you should have no real need for them if you are starting a new site.
                    Thanks,

                    I already have a forum, it is possible to move the member (about 350) without the need to add them manually?

                    Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
                    Cool avatar MIS.
                    Like me, a happy man
                    From Sweden.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MIS View Post
                      Thanks,

                      I already have a forum, it is possible to move the member (about 350) without the need to add them manually?
                      What forum are you currently using? It is possible to import users to a new vBulletin install with ImpEx, but it depends on what software you were using and if it's supported by ImpEx.
                      To be updated...

                      Comment

                      Loading...
                      Working...
                      X