Abusers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusers?

As a vB forum owner, I get a fair few abusers every day. Basicly.. people posting adult and warez along with abusive message to other members of the forum. 1,500 message in the last few months.

My forum has only 4100+ members, how do you handle these kind of abuser with your forum?

Warn them, if they dont listen, ban them. That simple
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Re: Abusers?

Originally posted by Zorg
      As a vB forum owner, I get a fair few abusers every day. Basicly.. people posting adult and warez along with abusive message to other members of the forum. 1,500 message in the last few months.

My forum has only 4100+ members, how do you handle these kind of abuser with your forum?
      warn them (moderating)
      disallow certain words in your censor list (ie warez, swear words etc)
      For forums that have this potential for abuse, you can have it so that it emails you when ever a new thread is posted
      Moderation of new posts ( you approve it before it appears)
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Also have a hidden forum, a "Recycle Bin" that you can move all these posts to if you need to. And keep them as evidence etc. And as a record.
        Email: [email protected]
        Site: Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
          Also have a hidden forum, a "Recycle Bin" that you can move all these posts to if you need to. And keep them as evidence etc. And as a record.
          Yeah, I did that 3 months ago. But when you have people spamming 100+ posts each hour (im not here 24/7) it's a pain. But in that case, I just do a mass move.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorg

Yeah, I did that 3 months ago. But when you have people spamming 100+ posts each hour (im not here 24/7) it's a pain. But in that case, I just do a mass move.
            100 per hour!! Ban, Ban, Ban and moderate your new registrations!

Comment

1> Your rules and TOS must clearly state exactly what you will do and how you will do it. Please don't be bashfull

2> Ban all free email providers and free domains. Thats where the majority of your abuse is coming from.

3> Moderate new users as others have suggested

4> Filter user names also.

5> If 1-4 are in place then immediately and permanently ban for spam new members. Don't forget to add the domain or email address to your growing list.

Note: This is my way and may not be suitable for everyone else. You will have to decide if the inherint trade offs make sence for you Good luck.
              Have a great day :)
              http://www.StopScum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X