Rotating Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Forum?

Does anyone operate rotating forums: forums that are around for a few weeks to mark the opening or release of a product, movie, album etc etc? If so, what could one do with those after the initial period elapsed? I am thinking about this with specific regards to albums and having specific forums for them while they are considered "new releases"......Thanks!
    Peter

I've never seen/heard of a forum like that.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

for example

I dont really mean that the whole site would be like that. Just one or two forums. So for example the site is about music and has forums for bass players, guitarists, percussion etc and then one section called "new releases". So after a few weeks some of the listings would be stale and best relegated to an archive of some sort. Does anyone know examples of people using an archive effectively in some way? Thanks.
      P

Comment

This would be a hack, http://www.vbulletin.org and place it in the requests forum
        Board of the Month: November
        Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
        Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
        vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

well...

Well I hadnt thought of it as a hack really. But that's not a bad idea. I kind of envisioned this sort of thing.

Forum: "New Releases"
          Subforums (act as forums): "Michael Jacksons Greatest Hits",
          "vB does Broadway", "Bing Crosby's Christmas"

And then they could be moved to another forum:"New Release Archives" at the moderators discretion.

Am I answering my own question?

But if anyone has done this or knows of an example......
          P

Comment

I think George (eva2000) does something like that every year for a specific event - can't remember the event but I do remember visiting the forum last time. The whole forum was set up specifically for this particular event if I remember correctly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X