Vbulletin 3.8.5 This Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lim (x³-7x²) = ∞ View Post
    during last year only 1 developer (AndyHuang) was working on 3.8.*, he is from old team, but working alone it's hard to reach quality of full team

basically everyone who have active vb3 license in 2009 was already sponsoring vb4 development with compromise to current stable v3 support

now they will be releasing 3.8.5 wich will be unavailable to half of their clients (who have just expired v3 license, forcing to buy v4 to get access to update)
    Yeah it's ridiculous ... I'm most definitely not buying a vB4 license just to get some bugfixes for my owned vB3 license.

Good Bye vBulletin.
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Does this 3.8.5 fix the reported vBulletin 3.8.4 security issue with the functions.php file for 'file inclusion' from early March (if that in fact was a real report)?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Does this 3.8.5 fix the reported vBulletin 3.8.4 security issue with the functions.php file for 'file inclusion' from early March (if that in fact was a real report)?
        I'm going to go ahead and call that one bogus, as it makes negative zero sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716 View Post
          I'm going to go ahead and call that one bogus, as it makes negative zero sense at all.
          I am not a developer, so wouldn't know. Glad to hear it looks bogus.

Comment