Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual boot for Mandrake 8.1

At this moment in time, I am downloading Mandrake 8.1

I also have a copy of Win98 on this machine, which may eventually be a copy of win2k.

I am new to two os's on machines, so am looking for a little help here. Do I have to use a dual boot program running, so I can choose the os, I wish to use when booting?

If so, can someone please recommend one, I would find easy to set up and use.

My other question, is that once I am in Mandrake, how easy is to link to a WIN NT/2K network? I know all the network settings, etc. Once I am in Mandrake this may prove to be easy, so it is not too much of a worry at this point.

Thanks
    J Williams

Small world of problems

Just doing the same thing with SuSE 7.3 pro and WinNT4 and got similar problem to solve or workout.

To answer one of your question, almost.. SuSE 7.3 can be installed on a system that already has Windows, but, the drive has to be FAT. So far it seems anything else will not be seen during installation and you'll loose the current OS. Not sure if Mandrake is the same, but worth noting.

If you find out about connecting Linux Client to Windows PC/Server please post here ta

Comment

I know about using the same drive. The problem is I have 3 small HDD;s which each os on seperate drives

Comment

the dual boot will be set up during the Mandrake install similiar to lilo, networking linux to win98/2000 machines is pretty easy you can just use tcpip.
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

cheers

I will look into it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X