Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash12345
    replied
    ..Not happy with Cometchat's support when vB releases a forum update which breaks it. Usually it takes weeks for an update and then only comes about after a number of users practically have to beg for the update..

Leave a comment:

• blackflags
    replied
    ^ I would be eager to find that out as well.

Leave a comment:

• Eyal Kallati
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    With that amount of users online it's likely to cause some heavy load. They offer a hosted service if I'm not wrong, may be the best option.
    i checked out Arrowchat- it does not have your Facebook friends online as well.. know any good product that does?
    Thank you again for your help Ramsesex

Leave a comment:

• Eyal Kallati
    replied
    i checked out Arrowchat- it does not have your Facebook friends online as well.. know any good product that does?
    Thank you again for your help Ramsesex

Leave a comment:

• Eyal Kallati
    replied
    Dean, Anthony, The Geek- thank you for posting this information very helpful. i was wondering, Comechat is now available for socialengine as well. do you think this will work well now 2011, if 500 of your friends were online simultaneously??
    I love the fact that this widget shows you your Facebook friends on instant messaging- i dont know anything else better?
    what do you guys think, i plan to have 300+ friends on at once.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    With that amount of users online it's likely to cause some heavy load. They offer a hosted service if I'm not wrong, may be the best option.

Leave a comment:

• Eyal Kallati
    replied
    has anyone used comechat now and has any feedback? does it work well on your engine?

Leave a comment:

• Eyal Kallati
    replied
    Dean, Anthony, The Geek- thank you for posting this information very helpful. i was wondering, Comechat is now available for socialengine as well. do you think this will work well now 2011, if 500 of your friends were online simultaneously??
    I love the fact that this widget shows you your Facebook friends on instant messaging- i dont know anything else better?
    what do you guys think, i plan to have 300+ friends on at once.

Leave a comment:

• Octavius
    replied
    I run Arrowchat. I'm satisified plus it's video is better and cheaper than cometchats.

Leave a comment:

• maximutt
    replied
    Not happy with Cometchat's support when vB releases a forum update which breaks it. Usually it takes weeks for an update and then only comes about after a number of users practically have to beg for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Adin
    replied
    My advice on Cometchat after having it installed for a bit: it almost *requires* cometservice (or another one of the back end servers, which requires a $200 config). Load on our VPS (with ~120 users online, ~15 or so actively chatting) went from 3->65 and brought the boards to a standstill. Using cometservice, our loads immediately dropped back into the reasonable (<10, no noticeable lag) territory.

Envolve has been great for us, with the exception of being able to limit usergroup access to chat & their pricing. As soon as they update/fix their vB integration, we'll be back to using their service.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    Originally posted by ComputerModding View Post
    My advice install a jabber server if you have a VPS or dedicated server or find a good host that can provide Jabber hosting, its quite daunting at first but you will see the advantages in the end. If you are a average php programmer you will be able to hack registration form together which links to your forums user table and make your own facebook style chat bar or just give your members a link to one of the many FREE messengers out there.
    I would love an further explanation of how you did this. Did you use openfire?

Leave a comment:

• ComputerModding
    replied
    Originally posted by DannyITR View Post
    I have a big board with 800+ users online at peak times but am concerned about installing cometchat.
    Don't do it !

My forum has 23,000 members, on average 98 members online at any one time and around 280 guests, I installed CometChat and to start with it was ok then more and more people started to use it and it just slowed my server down too much, was on a VPS then. I just upgraded to a dedicated server and have tried it out again and had ti turn it off after a few days, the resources it uses is just crazy, it is not programmed well at all and it is not very secure either!

My advice install a jabber server if you have a VPS or dedicated server or find a good host that can provide Jabber hosting, its quite daunting at first but you will see the advantages in the end. If you are a average php programmer you will be able to hack registration form together which links to your forums user table and make your own facebook style chat bar or just give your members a link to one of the many FREE messengers out there.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You need to ask Comet Chat staff on their own site regarding this.

Leave a comment:

• sultanahmed000
    replied
    I have bought it but I wondersIf i can ressell

I have bought it through EMAIL REMOVED but I wonders if they would allow me to resell or not

if anybody knows let me know
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Thu 31st Mar '11, 6:36am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X