Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comet Chat - Interesting Find For VB Live Chat Extension

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm on a VPS with average users 200+ and have zero issues with comet chat. Installation was as simple as uploading the files, running the install (which is already configured for vbulletin), and it all works. I then disabled all the bits I didn't want in the config, and it was that easy. This thing would run on a shared host providing the software meets the installation requirements. Excellent IM'img... I turned everything else off, as its really about the IM functionality, ie. similar to Facebook.

    Comment


    • #32
      I personally bought it and ate the cost - support was crappy I asked for my refund with in the time frame and never heard back from anyone from the site - tickets sent in times 3 .. i moved over to arrowchat - the guy who set up arrowchat used to write most of the modes for cometchat ... better product so far from what i saw at comerchat IMHO

      Comment


      • #33
        Arrowchat does look nice... much of a muchness between them possibly. Like jbolo for jomsocial... they all do IM reasonably well, efficient and easy.

        Never had to use the support at cometchat though, as I never had any issue installing it, reading the documentation and customising it quickly. Cannot comment on the support!!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Why pay for chat when it's always free .. irc ftw. http://vbirc.com/vbulletin

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Why pay for chat when it's always free .. irc ftw. http://vbirc.com/vbulletin
            Different interfaces, different purposes.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #36
              I like IM functionality, and so do my users... they love the privacy of one on one instant chat when another is online, and notified of such instance in real time vs. hanging around a chat room waiting for someone or organising times, etc. A good majority of the world have FB accounts and use the FB IM... so having similar on the website they are already familiar with its use and enjoy that live interaction in small doses.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Different interfaces, different purposes.
                You could create a layer of functionality on top of IRC to provide the same PUSH functionality as cometchat, and therefore provide the same UI.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                  You could create a layer of functionality on top of IRC to provide the same PUSH functionality as cometchat, and therefore provide the same UI.
                  Sure you could, but we talk about existing products.
                  .......

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I use addonchat on my bb. Would never use a php based chat.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                      You could create a layer of functionality on top of IRC to provide the same PUSH functionality as cometchat, and therefore provide the same UI.

                      I could but I could also spend $50.00-$100 and get the functionality I wanted without spending a lot of time re-inventing the wheel. Time is more valuable.
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
                        I like IM functionality, and so do my users... they love the privacy of one on one instant chat when another is online, and notified of such instance in real time vs. hanging around a chat room waiting for someone or organising times, etc. A good majority of the world have FB accounts and use the FB IM... so having similar on the website they are already familiar with its use and enjoy that live interaction in small doses.

                        Yea we have MGO chatbox and I am looking at Dragon Bytes chatbox but I like the FB IM look also and it does give some privacy to talks especially if I want to talk to a user one on one or one of my staff

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          without spending a lot of time re-inventing the wheel. Time is more valuable.
                          Yep... there is little that isn't already around nowadays, that may only need a little tweaking or fine tuning to get it the way you want. Big believer in not reinventing the wheel.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Has anybody done a comparison Comet vs. Arrowchat?
                            Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Gladius View Post
                              Has anybody done a comparison Comet vs. Arrowchat?
                              Yes, would be interested in any comparison between these two products as well. On the surface they look very similar but I'm particularly interested in performance and a comparison of features.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Yep, would be nice for a sneak peek chart.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X