No announcement yet.

Comet Chat - Interesting Find For VB Live Chat Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For live chat to vBulletin, i recommend the plugin "ezirc" from vBulletin.org - more info here: http://vbirc.com/vbulletin

Comment

I've purchased this and have had installation issues. Cometchat have now told me that my AdminCP is broken. I can't see how as everything else on my site works just fine. Now when I try emailing them my email bounces back... strange

Comment

its affecting browsing the forum, i means some of my members using ie6 they report about it
        Mastiya

Comment

Some users had also trouble with this and after it fu*** up my server once I had to disable it. Maybe I'll try again when V2 comes out.

Comment

Is there an addon that converts chats into threads/posts in a specific subforum?

Comment

I don't like to need to install.. and there is another problem: it will consume my servers resources.
              I prefer to use a web tool bar, like this: http://plugchat.in/
              Only copy and past to work. (to integrate your users need to use the API)

Comment

I'm just wondering if anyone has any further feedback on Comet Chat as I'm considering purchasing it when I upgrade to vBulletin 4?

Does it integrate smoothly with vBulletin 4? Any annoyances? Complaints from your users?

Thanks for any feedback!

Comment

This might be a good addition to a site, however they are spammers. I have had many emails from these people telling me how awesome this is and how it would help me get more members. I don't appreciate any unsolicited email. If I wanted this installed I would have done so.
                  Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Is Comet Chat the only Facebook style browser based live chat for vBulletin?

I think the concept, of being able to have a live chat with only those who you have chosen as a forum friend is a great idea. I had a live chat room before and one of the big problems was people coming in and disrupting the chat. Being able to pick and choose who you chat with as well as having that FB style bar at the bottom of your browser is exactly what vBulletin needs in a live chat IMO.

What I really want to know is: Is it as good as the Facebook chat? Are there any real disadvantages to Comet Chat?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Blow View Post
                      Is Comet Chat the only Facebook style browser based live chat for vBulletin?

I think the concept, of being able to have a live chat with only those who you have chosen as a forum friend is a great idea. I had a live chat room before and one of the big problems was people coming in and disrupting the chat. Being able to pick and choose who you chat with as well as having that FB style bar at the bottom of your browser is exactly what vBulletin needs in a live chat IMO.

What I really want to know is: Is it as good as the Facebook chat? Are there any real disadvantages to Comet Chat?
                      There is one from arrowchat but 16$ more expensive and I doubt it is better than comet chat, they even don't have a demo on their site.
                      The disadvantage of such type of chats may be additional server load. On the comet chat site you can try it out and may see the differences to facebook.

Comment

I tried installing comet chat and it was a mess, nothing worked... their support was terrible, I ended up uninstalling and eating the $50, I was glad to be rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                          I tried installing comet chat and it was a mess, nothing worked... their support was terrible, I ended up uninstalling and eating the $50, I was glad to be rid of it.
                          What are you currently using as a live chat solution if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Blow View Post
                            What are you currently using as a live chat solution if you don't mind me asking?
                            I would bet he's now using no one. But I can tell you from my experience with comet chat, the first version was very server intensive now I'm using the v2 RC version and so far it's fine, members like it and the install was not too hard.

Comment

That's correct, no live chat... well we have a lobby chatroom as part of Andrew Green's "Gameroom" mod but it doesn't have any real features besides basic 'room' type chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                                I would bet he's now using no one. But I can tell you from my experience with comet chat, the first version was very server intensive now I'm using the v2 RC version and so far it's fine, members like it and the install was not too hard.
                                Thanks for the feedback. I'm on a quad core dedicated server with 4GB RAM, so maybe V2 RC will work for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X