Vbulletin and jPilot IRC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin and jPilot IRC?

Is it possible to have jPilot automatically put the user's username in its username text box? I have seen it done, but have had no luck trying to get it to do it! Can anyone help me out? Thx

yes... i did it on my site. i'll throw together a zip file for ya tonight with instructions and php files and stuff.

Comment

you are going to get a better reply at over www.vbulletin.org

the answer is yes, but check there to find out.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

to make it short... just use this param in your html for your chat...

<param name="NickName" value="$bbuserinfo[username]">

on my chat i have it auto connect and stuff with all my little tweaked out params. if you want those i'll make you a zip file.

Comment

wow...quick replies, great guys -
          Jake that would be great, only thing I need to know is how I get the $bbuserinfo[username] to display the actual name...i.e what files would I have to include to make it work?

Comment

$bbuserinfo[username] is a global variable in vbulletin... oh yeah huh... you need to use a php script that includes global.php from your vb root in order to use the variables. i suck.

i'm leaving work now... i'll get you my files and templates when i get home...

//edit: once you get the vb integration going the bbuserinfo thing will always resolve to the username of the user that is logged in.

Comment

zoinks!

hey, i should post this as a hack on vb.org huh...

//edit: one more thing to note... in my templates i don't use the $header variable cos i don't want the title image and all that in the popup window for chat. so i manually put in the body tags in the chat templates.

Comment

worked like a charm
                one more q - do you know how to make javascript do 2 things at one time? I want to popup a window AND close the current one when the user clicks the link. Been trying various combinations and none seem to work
                thx again for all the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Cruz
                  do you know how to make javascript do 2 things at one time?
                  no clue

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X