X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by theezy View Post
    That doesnt mean that the parents have to give it to them.
    No but really it does happen because either way the parents love fast food outlets and going out for dinners instead of looking at the healthier options.
    I will give you an example. My nieces and nephews are all under the age of 15. Their parents made a deal with them. They told their kids that they must have some sporting things to do like swimming, basketball, soccer, athletics and some awesome hobbies they like to do, ballet, gymnastics. Just to get them healthy. They then were allowed to pick up the snacky foods they are allowed to eat. As long as they were playing sport and doing healthy stuff they can have their lollies and occasional junk food.
    They play outside with their friends always doing activities, walking their dogs.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Get your kids exercise related stuff instead of the lollies and the junk food. It's the only way how to stop obesity in kids is to get them to exercise daily.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by ChemicalKicks View Post
    Fat parents have fat kids..
    If that was at all true we'd have the same percentage of overweight people we always had because thin parents would have thin children and there were more thin parents 2 generations ago than today... Arguably we'd even be getting thinner since fat is usually seen as unattractive and the less attractive you are the less likely you are to procreate.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Not always the case but a large majority of the time, you're correct.
    I'd have to hazard a guess of around 72% (of this being the case) - based on my work experience at the paediatrics ward at my local hospital.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    Not always the case but a large majority of the time, you're correct.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Not always the case... unless you have a different experience?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chewy12
    replied
    I'd have to say that the parents are partly to blame for giving them whatever they want, but also society for having a mcdonalds around every corner and having it priced so low so that parents who really can't afford much just spend ten dollars and feed the whole family and then some. Commercials have some part in it but I think that the parents just need to step up and start making healthy dinner instead of taking the easy way out.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by creek456 View Post
    My sister just got out of college and was a wreck because of all the student loans. But then she heard that there is a government project going on that what you pay back monthly is income based. And on top of that whatever amount is left over after ten years is dropped. But I could be wrong so don't get your hopes up.
    What country?

Leave a comment:

• creek456
    replied
    My sister just got out of college and was a wreck because of all the student loans. But then she heard that there is a government project going on that what you pay back monthly is income based. And on top of that whatever amount is left over after ten years is dropped. But I could be wrong so don't get your hopes up.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    They sure have and I don't blame the students either revolting. Students have to take loans out already, that they have to pay back later. This new government decision will put them even more into dept.

Crazy if you ask me, and you can't blame the students for rioting in the UK over it. And it miffs me no end, that the banks have now become "very picky" who they give loans out too, another very touchy subject.
    I had a teacher who's still paying back her student load She left uni at least 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    The students over here have begun a revolt - over money being spent on the military, such that tuition fees are tripled in some cases, and fees for students going up in general.

They sure have and I don't blame the students either revolting. Students have to take loans out already, that they have to pay back later. This new government decision will put them even more into dept.

Crazy if you ask me, and you can't blame the students for rioting in the UK over it. And it miffs me no end, that the banks have now become "very picky" who they give loans out too, another very touchy subject.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    All the more reason for mandatory conscription to whip these slackers into shape. You wan't to play Call of Duty so much? Good, you get to "play" in Afghanistan!
    I just bought the game, currently installing Call of Duty (Black Ops) for playing on-line right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    Maybe when Nazi's start walking through the Chunnel they'll come around.
    They won't. They're already blaming the gov't for the mess.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Maybe when Nazi's start walking through the Chunnel they'll come around.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X