No announcement yet.

Childhood obesity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame the government. They should be doing more to make kids eat better- there should be stronger laws restricting the proliferation of junk food... McDonalds is killing our children just as sure if Ronald McDonald took an assault rifle to a kindergarten and starting taking out kids Black Ops style. Parents who feed their kids happy meals should have their kids taken away. Parents should be required to submit weekly meal plans to a local diet oversight committee for approval along with receipts proving they can actually serve the healthy meals they are claiming or better yet a certified organic home garden. There should be surprise inspections to make sure parents aren't deviating from the approved plans. If we did this we could cut healthcare costs tremendously and re-invest the savings in schools, parks, and libraries and healthcare will be so cheap no one will complain the government is paying for it.

Parents who can't afford healthy foods or are incapable of making the meals should be able to get healthy meals delivered... no food stamps because if you're on foodstamps you already proven you can't make good decisions. The government will ensure your healthy eating at this point- and your children's diets as well.

Comment

Originally posted by theezy View Post
      I agree! Great post.
      Bumping a 10 month old post just to promote your forum.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by theezy View Post
        Childhood obesity. Who is to blame for it? The parents? Television? School lunches? Other?
        It's worth noting that some peoples "genetics" they are born with, makes them prone to putting on weight. No matter how they are fed.

Comment

True MRGTB. We are all predisposed to issues. Obesity, though, is awkward - it can be due to mental issues (comfort eating), or actually, the kid being too greedy. Nowadays, life for kids is much easier than it was then, for our parents.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
            True MRGTB. We are all predisposed to issues. Obesity, though, is awkward - it can be due to mental issues (comfort eating), or actually, the kid being too greedy. Nowadays, life for kids is much easier than it was then, for our parents.
            All the more reason for mandatory conscription to whip these slackers into shape. You wan't to play Call of Duty so much? Good, you get to "play" in Afghanistan!

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
              All the more reason for mandatory conscription to whip these slackers into shape. You wan't to play Call of Duty so much? Good, you get to "play" in Afghanistan!
              The students over here have begun a revolt - over money being spent on the military, such that tuition fees are tripled in some cases, and fees for students going up in general.

Comment

Maybe when Nazi's start walking through the Chunnel they'll come around.

Comment

Maybe when Nazi's start walking through the Chunnel they'll come around.
                  They won't. They're already blaming the gov't for the mess.

Comment

I just bought the game, currently installing Call of Duty (Black Ops) for playing on-line right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
                      The students over here have begun a revolt - over money being spent on the military, such that tuition fees are tripled in some cases, and fees for students going up in general.

They sure have and I don't blame the students either revolting. Students have to take loans out already, that they have to pay back later. This new government decision will put them even more into dept.

Crazy if you ask me, and you can't blame the students for rioting in the UK over it. And it miffs me no end, that the banks have now become "very picky" who they give loans out too, another very touchy subject.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                        They sure have and I don't blame the students either revolting. Students have to take loans out already, that they have to pay back later. This new government decision will put them even more into dept.

Crazy if you ask me, and you can't blame the students for rioting in the UK over it. And it miffs me no end, that the banks have now become "very picky" who they give loans out too, another very touchy subject.
                        I had a teacher who's still paying back her student load She left uni at least 10 years ago.

Comment

My sister just got out of college and was a wreck because of all the student loans. But then she heard that there is a government project going on that what you pay back monthly is income based. And on top of that whatever amount is left over after ten years is dropped. But I could be wrong so don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by creek456 View Post
                            My sister just got out of college and was a wreck because of all the student loans. But then she heard that there is a government project going on that what you pay back monthly is income based. And on top of that whatever amount is left over after ten years is dropped. But I could be wrong so don't get your hopes up.
                            What country?

Comment

I'd have to say that the parents are partly to blame for giving them whatever they want, but also society for having a mcdonalds around every corner and having it priced so low so that parents who really can't afford much just spend ten dollars and feed the whole family and then some. Commercials have some part in it but I think that the parents just need to step up and start making healthy dinner instead of taking the easy way out.

Comment

Fat parents have fat kids..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X