Helpdesk software: Kayako vs Deskpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makc666 View Post
    We use Kayako. And it is nicely integrated with vBulletin.

When I look at Deskpro I see that they really "use" many ideas from Kayako.

Kayako has a nice API you can use to integrate it with anything you like.
    www.craigbrasssystems.com/forum/topic/56-details-and-download/

Also Kayako has a great support! I was amassed with it. Hope vBulletin will have some thing near it one day!
    Looks good on first sight.

There are two things I need a support ticket application to do with vbulletin:
    - integrate with post reports. (post reports cause a support ticket)
    - show a members support tickets on their vbulletin profile (visible to staff)

Does anyone have experience with doing something like this with either deskpro or kayako?
    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
      There are two things I need a support ticket application to do with vbulletin:
      - integrate with post reports. (post reports cause a support ticket)
      - show a members support tickets on their vbulletin profile (visible to staff)
      There is some good examples here-> http://www.craigbrasssystems.com/for...example-usage/

Really those first example is what you need for “- show a members support tickets on their vbulletin profile (visible to staff)” you speak about in your post.

As for “- integrate with post reports. (post reports cause a support ticket)” it can be done with “submitTicket” function.
      http://www.craigbrasssystems.com/for...s_submitTicket
      Of course there has to be a check if user is already registered in Kayako.

Also I hope you know about wonderful windows based clients they have to control your Kayako!
      You can download them here -> http://hotfix.kayako.com/

LiveResponse Client Application is the best one!
      http://hotfix.kayako.com/product.php?product=1
      Last edited by Makc666; Sat 3rd Apr '10, 6:35pm.
      ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

Whether you need a simple system or a complex one, you can find which systems provide the required help desk functions at http://support-software.org.

But raw functionality is not enough does not answer questions such as how easy it is to customize the system, whether the vendors is responsive, etc. Here is an article that describes how to answer these questions: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Pick-the-Right...

If you follow these steps, you will not only find the support software that meets your particular needs, you will also get it at the best price and minimize your risks.

Comment

DeskPro ftw! installed it recently for our team to deal with the tickets, and vbseo uses it.

Comment

I am using Kayako support suite on a busy board for some time now. My staff has the desktop alert app installed. I am very content with it. Its a very advanced support ticket solution and I don not regret paying $500.00 for it plus $300 for desktop apps. It saves a ton of work.

But its a real issue that it does not connect support tickets to forum accounts, as most tickets relate to forum accounts.

Another issue is that the desktop app is only available for windows. 3rd parties have desktop apps available for some specific versions of mac and linux. Though these seem quite limited in functionality. The desktop apps do not have a chat function between staff, nor does it have a function to call all staff to the site.

After using this advanced app for a while I see that there still is a good market for new support suites that cater to vbulletin admins. Because of the above reasons, but also because post reports should also be implemented in a good system. I'd certainly switch software for that.

It's interesting to see that IPB has already acknowledged this and offers a support suite in their IP.Nexus.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

Kayako 4 has come out, but currently I dont see any reason for upgrading to it. The need for vbulletin user profile integration is something I did underestimate before buying it.
              If something new comes along that does offer more integration then I will probably jump to that.
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
                Kayako 4 has come out, but currently I dont see any reason for upgrading to it. The need for vbulletin user profile integration is something I did underestimate before buying it.
                If something new comes along that does offer more integration then I will probably jump to that.
                I saw the price tag and went "WHOA" O_O;;
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Yes, the price is quite high. But aside from complete lack of integration it has everything else I need to streamline support questions. It does decrease workload. So in that regard its worth the money.

Whats missing:
                  - open support tickets in vbulletin notifications. Currently there is no way of knowing if there is a new ticket, unless you install the desktop tool. But the latter has issues.
                  - integration with vb profiles. Most tickets relate to profiles and account status.
                  - one login. Currently users have to login twice.
                  - vb post reports posted to kayako tickets.
                  I buy 420 forums

Comment

After using kayako for 1.5 years, I am still happy with it, as its a very good helpdesk.

But its a real problem that its not integrated enough. It would save so much time if a link to the vbulletin profile of a user would be in the ticket or if staff would be notified within vbulletin about new tickets. Staff forgets about the helpdesk and tickets are unattended.

The desktop apps only help a bit, because the apps need to be generated and registered again with every change of computer / OS a staff member makes or with every staff change. The are 3rd party apps for linux/mac, but not provided by kayako themselves. Forget about the mac version. I bought it but am not going to use it. So basically most of the staff does not have a notifier.

The main benefit of Kayako, is that it serves users with possible answers to their questions, before a ticket is submitted. This saves us work.
                    Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 5th Dec '11, 5:17am.
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Deskpro is my choice

Hello -

I have tried about every major helpdesk in the search for one that fit my needs, spending a lot of time and money in the process. This includes Kayako, Cerberus, and DeskPro.

I tried really hard and with the help of friends to figure out the first two. They were very complex, and ended up being spending too much of my time and my friends' time trying to figure them out. Both times, we never figured it out with enough confidence to use it will real people. I tried a couple other packages, spending more money on "tuition" but in the end did not meet my needs. Finally pulled the plug on the last one when they created a new package and stopped supporting my "lifetime" license.

In desperation, I tried DeskPro this year, vowing to stop supporting people if this one didn't work.

Much to my surprise, I actually loved DeskPro. It is as complex as the others, but has a very intuitive interface and process flow. After a long time of testing other software, my knee-jerk reaction when using DeskPro was "gee I wish they had this feature", and 9 times out of 10, it was there. The friends who helped me test the other packages all agreed it was very intuitive, and had no trouble using it in a short period of time.

Deskpro has a demo version you can download and try out as well, as I'm sure the other packages do as well.

I know I sound like sales rep for them, but I am really not. Just a customer with a crush. I have spent much time and much money trying for years to find a helpdesk that met my needs, and whose process matches mine. Obviously the other packages are fine, as many companies use them, so please don't mistake this as a slam to either of the other packages. Just sharing my experience.
                      Last edited by doubleclick; Sat 10th Dec '11, 4:26am.

Comment

I haven't purchased anything like these before but my friend told me that Kayako is much preferable.They are of the same help but Kayako provides more. Pricing wise, they're almost comparable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X