PHP Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Books

Ok i need to find a book that teachs or at least brushes by how to use templates and mysql.. the ones i have are really good books but they say NOTHING about templates. And basically i need to learn about them =\. So any suggestions?

Have a look in Wluke's sig or goto www.sitepoint.com
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

i'm starting with PHP Fast & Easy by Julie Meloni and for MySQL - MySQL by Dubios
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I bought that Sitepoint book about building your own content management thingamajig yesterday - hope to have it soon, and hope (even more!) that I can understand it

Comment

The SitePoint book is written in an easy to understand manner while still giving you the technical details you need.

You can read the first four chapters by going to www.webmasterbase.com/article.php/228.

You can purchase it directly from my signature and I would much appreciate it.

For those who run Webmaster related sites you can sell it on your site through our affiliate program, just send an inquiry to [email protected] for information on that and other partner programs. Through my link, I personally have sold 61 copies of the book. It is currently the second best affiliate program that I know of. The first being the one here at vBulletin.com.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yep I got mine last week and I already know more than I thought I would at this time. Its a simple to understand book I think.

Comment

I am in the midst of learning ASP right now, but after I read that book I will probably buy that book wluke, it looks great!
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

wluke: Would you accept a paypal payment? (I would make up the $1.50.)

Comment

If you want, I could take a PayPal transfer, and charge it for you at SitePoint...just drop me an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Stallion
                    If you want, I could take a PayPal transfer, and charge it for you at SitePoint...just drop me an email.
                    Cool, thx

I will let you know when i have the dosh!

Comment

You can make a paypal payment directly to SitePoint for the book. Send the total amount (price + shipping) to [email protected] through the paypal system and specify in the message that it is for the book. They will process the order manually for you.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thx

I will do that sometime soon.

What about the $1.50 that paypal will deduct for the transfer. Will they do it from yours or mine or only send you Total -$1.50 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
                          Thx

I will do that sometime soon.

What about the $1.50 that paypal will deduct for the transfer. Will they do it from yours or mine or only send you Total -$1.50 ?
                          If you pay through the credit card form, there are processing fees and a percentage that worldpay.com charges us. So it all evens out pretty much in the end.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I plan to purchase this book anyway but does it touch on use of templates ?

Comment

The online counterpart (SitePoint's article, now removed) doesn't, and I don't see it in a glance over the book's TOC, so I'm guessing no. Correct me if I'm wrong, Wayne...

However, the concepts you learn from the article should give you a pretty good idea of how to go about creating a templating system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X