Development Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development Kit

Where can I get the Development Kit for vB? I want them photoshop files!

You first must have a valid liscence to run the vB software. If you do, you can login to the Member Area using your liscence info and password to download the Graphics Development Kit.

Comment

Re: Development Kit

Originally posted by Phreaka
      Where can I get the Development Kit for vB? I want them photoshop files!
      1. as Craig said it's available in the Members area using your vB customer license info to gain access to that area

2. can you please enter your username on the form on this page http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php - to do so you need your customer license info to access the form

thanks
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I actually wanted the kit so i could use the vB graphics for my ikonboard. i cant aford a copy of vBulletin and i really like the vB graphics better than the iB ones.

Comment

The copyrighted images used on vB are supplied to paying customers are a curtesy so it would make it easier to customize their vB's. I'm sure any use of the vB gfx kit on boards other than vBulletin would be a clear violation of that license..... Sorry....

Comment

What if I install vB Lite? Can I use the Dev Kit then? Really, whats the hassle, its a set of images. I'm sure its gotta be ok if I use them on iB.

Comment

I think its because the vbgfxkit is meant for paying customers of vb. This is just more insentive to purchase the software as you get goodies/resources available to you.

There are plenty of button sets made available by myself and others.

http://www.pixeljunction.com/vbthemes
              http://www.snyxmedia.com/download

Hope that helps
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

So any sort of free development made by someone other than Vb is out of the question? Is everyone out there to make money or what!

Comment

Yes they are, and more power to them!

Comment

What! Its people that just wanna charge heaps of money for almost nothing that have made the internet what it is today. Compared to about two or more years ago so much was free, and if it cost money its was cheap anyway. Nowdays everyone thinks its okay to charge for a few fancy lookin' pixels.

Comment

They're not charging for a 'few fancy lookin' pixels', they're charging for a license to use their forum software, and with that come perks such as having access to PSD files from which people can create their own custom high-quality icons without having to just alter the bundled GIFs.

You're more than welcome to create your own images, but don't deny someone else's right to choose how their creations are used (commercially or not).

And on a side note, this prevailing 'must have everything for free' attitude of some net users pisses me off no end...

</rant>

Comment

Well if you prefer paying for graphics and a friggin forum that costs too much, fine throw your money away. I can't see why anyone would pay for vB when ikonBoard is free and is just as good.

Comment

I've used ikonBoard, and believe me - it's not even in the same league as vB (no offence to the iB developers).

Comment

iB is better just because its free, even though it may not be quite as good. $180 for vB is just too much.

Comment

Well I guess there's no need for you to be here then. Have fun!
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X