No announcement yet.

Well done vBulletin staff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Atlantic Ocean to do it? C'mon. Can vote here and now.

Comment

JonnyThunder -- lets look at this another way. I respect your personal feelings about this but you are clearly in the minority of people who feel vb4 is a solid product. A vast vast vast majority of others feel that vb4 is, and I'll be polite here, less than stellar.

IB is obviously doing something wrong if so many people feel disenfranchised right? And they should do something to fix that.

Perhaps if IB actually followed through on their promises of improved and increased communication, the road map (due shortly after 4.0 gold), and maybe if we could find out little things like 4.0.2 going to QA from the official site instead of having to hear about it through vb Germany, people would be warmer about the release.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I agree. 4.0.1 is a big improvement. Some people just can't be pleased. The fact is we are ere now and the team are doing the best they can, which in fairness is a good job...
        UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...arch&projectid[0]=6&issuestatusid[0]=31&appliesmix[appliesversion][0]=126&sort=lastpost&sortorder=desc

Version: 4.0.0 Beta 1

12 results! It stays not fixed bug from Beta 1 today!

That is a shame!

Even if I'm sure all of these bugs was fixed since Beta 1 until today, they don't change status to closed or something else, leaving opened!

Or for bugs which are really quick to fix (like a missing character in a template) - more than 1 month to fix it (one month tomorrow as example) !

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by ipzone2 View Post
            Frankly I am amazed by this ...

I hope that IB don't get into producing cars any time soon - @most of it works, the stereo, the gears, the engine is fine, etc etc - and don't worry as we have a roadmap as to when we might get around to fixing the brakes !!!

Also I can assure you that every last dollar I paid up to IB for my 3 licences work just fine on the day I paid them and have been working fine since.

I also find it interesting that you are a software/app developer yourself and still think this kind of thing is ok, Please could we have a list of products you are currently working on as I want to make VERY sure I don't end up buying one of them.
            You do realise that your whinging and groaning doesn't help anyone here?
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyThunder View Post
              Anyway, this thread was about MY congratulations to the company and unless they poo on my head (or something equally distasteful), I WILL still support them. Just because they released one dodgy version (in years at the top of their game) doesn't mean they've turned evil overnight. Hey... look at Microsoft and Windows Vista... my point perfectly illustrated. We soon forgave them when Windows 7 came out though, didn't we?

Can't we all just.... get along?

IB is NOT Jelsoft.

Jelsoft had great products

IB so far has lied about stylevars, road maps and bugs that were suposedley fixed and ready for "gold" so, so far IB has NO credibility IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                IB is NOT Jelsoft.

IB so far has lied about stylevars, road maps and bugs that were suposedley fixed and ready for "gold" so, so far IB has NO credibility IMHO
                Maybe because they are still trying to fix everyone else's problems first..... C'mon get off your high horse.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                  IB is NOT Jelsoft.

Stylevars are a complete mess. I'm pretty well versed in CSS as I did a lot of experimenting with it a few years ago in anticipation of a "CSS-Oriented" style, however, even I got lost in the style vars. No amount of documentation thus far Don has given has helped one bit. It's been looking at this var, looking at that var, looking at this var, looking at that var just to change one stupid absurd margin for my logo. It simply was not thought out well at all. Mildly put it, it's a disaster to work with.

Instead of giving us this StyleVar Manager, I would have preferred they'd given us direct access to the style sheet within the Style Managers and let us work with it directly. At least we can tinker with it directly instead lf being rats in an 3D-Maze looking for the CSS Variable.

P.S. I know you can convert CSS into a physical file, my point is that file is a heck of a lot easier to work with than the stylevar manager.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                    You do realise that your whinging and groaning doesn't help anyone here?
                    That would normally be my feeling too - this is the first time I have moaned in seven years but I feel I have the right and even the duty to let the powers that be now how I feel. if they don't care how their customer base feels that is of course their choice but it will tell me ( and I suspect others ) what we need to do to make plans for our futures

Comment

That would normally be my feeling too - this is the first time I have moaned in seven years but I feel I have the right and even the duty to let the powers that be now how I feel. if they don't care how their customer base feels that is of course their choice but it will tell me ( and I suspect others ) what we need to do to make plans for our futures
                      If you are whinging then what are you doing here? You do realise that you can leave.....
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

scwab -- you do realize that you are one of only two people who are happy with vb4 at the moment, right?
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                          If you are whinging then what are you doing here? You do realise that you can leave.....
                          I don't see why I should leave. I am a long term customer who is not overjoyed with the current state of the software I have used for many years but MORE importantly I am not filled with confidence with the way the problems are being handled.

I object to being labeled as a whinger actually - I am voicing my concerns - I think that is my right as a paying customer and my duty as a long term and loyal ( up to now ) customer.

Comment

schwab2clarkson I just tried to look at your homepage to see how you had dealt with some of the issues I am having but your website appears to be down ?

Comment

All software versions or builds have bugs in Complex software or Operating Systems, and bugs waiting to be patched... It is impossible to have a [no bug] release or situation, Gold or "RTM" in OS Situations, Post Gold or early Alpha/Beta.. "A dry answer" If you can't find a bug in a release, you're just not looking hard enough..
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

schwab2clarkson I just tried to look at your homepage to see how you had dealt with some of the issues I am having but your website appears to be down ?
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                                s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X