Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It amazes me who attempts to run forums...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat It amazes me who attempts to run forums...

<rant>
    I'm ranting a bit here, but from the pure idiotic questions and such in the help forums here. It truly amazes me the amount of people who have no clue as to what they are doing with a webpage, programming html, or general computer knowledge at all; trying to run a forum.

If you don't know anything about computers, maybe you should leave the running of a forum to the people that do know what they're doing.

I'm not perfect, I ask questions all the time, but at least I have a base of knowledge to start with. It drives me crazy seeing the morons out there stepping in to a realm to which they have no place. Argh, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. :|
    </rant>

Now that I've got that off my chest, I apologize to any of those I offended.
    Jason Craig Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TV BC Fishing Reports Fly Fish BC Fly Tying Bug

We were all there at one time.
    My rant is about 'admins' who are unable to even attempt to find a solution on their own.
    There is a function called search and a new fangled website called google.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Oh why do you know so much about me!? Make it stop! lmao.....

Comment

You know what? Braveness is what we need is in this new world.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
          You know what? Braveness is what we need is in this new world.
          What " new world " you talking about? There is only one world and its called earth.

Comment

but from the pure idiotic questions and such in the help forums here. It truly amazes me the amount of people who have no clue as to what they are doing with a webpage, programming html, or general computer knowledge at all; trying to run a forum.
            Everyone starts off new, people as "Idiotic" questions because they are new, and dont understand it.

Some people actually want to learn - hence why they ask questions.

Im sure you would have had to ask these idiotic questions at some point.
            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

I remember when i used to be " idiotic " im soo barely asking questions until now lol.......

Comment

I love Linux, but for the first few years I was always to shy/nervous to post or ask questions in a forum because I didn't know how they work, and I'd see people "bashing" others for not posting their damn specs of their PC and similar stuff like that.

It still burns me to see people do things like that today to new comers, or old timers for that matter.

Point is, I'd be alot smarter today if I had asked question in the beginning. ( On second thought it may have done me good to solve some things on my own )
                But I would had learned alot faster if I had.
                "GOOGLE" is my Best friend and always will be, but forums are for experts and newbies alike, or they should say so in the header if otherwise...IMAO

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
                  Everyone starts off new, people as "Idiotic" questions because they are new, and dont understand it.

Some people actually want to learn - hence why they ask questions.

Im sure you would have had to ask these idiotic questions at some point.
                  Indeed. This thread is very condescending.
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, like steven s said: we were all there one time. The technical stuff isn't that important anyway: what matters is your passion for the subject of your forums. I rather see a noob admin with a great passion for something than someone who thinks he knows all, doesn't ask questions, and is just in for making money.

Comment

I'd rather have someone running a forum who doesn't know the ins and outs of altering the website than some condescending jackass who thinks that questions are beneath them.

Content is king, not coding.
                      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

oddmud

You must be an arrogant and selfish person oddmud!
                        We dont have to be an expert to try new things.
                        I was having fun yesterday reading about how to create a website, I slept at 2 am in the morning seeking knowledge.
                        ...All great accomplishments start with a first step!

Comment

@oddmud. IMHO out of order. We all started somewhere. I'd hazard a guess that most of us with no html or coding knowledge.
                          It starts as a hobby, project, enthusiasm and grows. Don't be so condescending.

Comment

Part of the strength of vbulletin is that it is easy to set up. They are in the business of selling forum software that works not successful forums.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
                              Part of the strength of vbulletin is that it is easy to set up. They are in the business of selling forum software that works not successful forums.
                              Really? Weird.
                              s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X