Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between forums and forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the AdminCP, in the forum manager, you see the link to 'Add New Forum', not 'Add New Board'. Therefore, the entire board, or community is made up of a collection of forums.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
      Fish. Fishes. LOL.
      Fishs more like it.

OP go with forums..or you can look at the thread about big boards and check how they setup.

Comment

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
        Fish. Fishes. LOL.
        AdMan!

Comment

Do you say maths or math? Maths is the correct form, of course, but it is well accepted today for everyone to use math.

Similarly, forums and forum are equally interchangeable in today's virtual lexicon.

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
            In the AdminCP, in the forum manager, you see the link to 'Add New Forum', not 'Add New Board'. Therefore, the entire board, or community is made up of a collection of forums.
            I agree with you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
              Fishs more like it.
              OP go with forums..or you can look at the thread about big boards and check how they setup.
              Done, forums.example.com is the most popular setup. Thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tsai View Post
                Done, forums.example.com is the most popular setup. Thanks.
                No linky? :\

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
                  In old days, on this site forum used to be called "community". And now it's "forum" and community refers to social networking. So, we are evolving...
                  Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 29 Jan '10, 3:10am.

Comment

A rose by any other name is still a rose.
                    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

I think of all the "message boards" making up one large forum others think ofForums that comprise a "Board"

Comment

I call it "forum" or "bulletin board." However some people get it confused from "bulletin board" to a regular bulletin board you use on a door or refrigulater door for posting messages and chores to your family. (i.e. "Wife, take out the trash, wash dishes, and clean my cloths!" And in responce below the post: "Get a job and I'll do those things!!!" Oweee Burn..)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X