Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best excuse you have gotten..... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best excuse you have gotten..... ?

I leave my email address and IM name visible on this board and I get many different requests to share my vb with others. My question is: What is the best excuse that you have gotten as to why they need your copy of vb rather than getting their own?

-JRW
    LostDiscussion.com - Fan base community for ABC's Lost | Club-tC.com - Scion tC Enthusiast Site | PcTechTalk.com - What's your issue? | eInvesting.com - Play the Market, Learn Investing, WIN!

today someone told me there login or password to the members area didnt work.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

The one I get the most often is:

"I'm just an admin and the guy that owns it is gone"

Comment

Yeah, I have been having alot of people ask me lately.... and in the weirdest ways. At least their creative, but no vb for them!!!

-JRW
        LostDiscussion.com - Fan base community for ABC's Lost | Club-tC.com - Scion tC Enthusiast Site | PcTechTalk.com - What's your issue? | eInvesting.com - Play the Market, Learn Investing, WIN!

Comment

i will never give out my copy... unless it's a beautiful woman offering herself in return.

(20 year old virgin here... can you blame me? )

Comment

hehe I haven't had any creative ones I've just had "Do you think you could give me a nullified version of VB"

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
              i will never give out my copy... unless it's a beautiful woman offering herself in return.

(20 year old virgin here... can you blame me? )
              LOL, That wouldn't suprise me that you would do that Jake, hahah lol. And no I can't blame ya
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Nobody's asked me I feel so unloved...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
                  Nobody's asked me I feel so unloved...
                  I'm with you MarkB. I feel like a nobody.
                  FWC
                  White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

Maybe you two just need to advertise your board more!

/me points to sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nupraptor
                      Maybe you two just need to advertise your board more!
                      *me steels nupraptor's sig idea*

*me points to sig*

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                        macsubculture.com - mac community
                        your typical gay mac site
                        lol

Comment

LOL i get some pretty weird emails too. Like

" I reformatted and now i cant get back into the members area to go download a new copy".

p.s : dig the new avatar c-prompt .

Comment

hey is this i good idea? we are just giving ideas for pirates.... i dunno just a thought.

Comment

Lame Excuse #1:
                              Sector 5GM: Hello, I am with the vBUser Resource Department, and due to an error in your log on we failed to recieve your logon password, for our records, please click respond then state your Customer Number and Password. Failure to comply will result in account invalidation, and force you to not be able to download new versions of vB. Thank you.

Lame Excuse #2:
                              Hello I am Greg Howard From (vB Password Dept.). Due to Re-Building vB Servers we have lost Information on you account.I need you to Click Send and enter the following things:
                              Customer Number and Password. This E-mail is HIGHLY Recommended Not Replying to this mail could Cause
                              1.) Account Termination
                              2.) Lost Important Data Concering your Account. Thank You for your time and Enjoy your stay at vBulletin!

Lame Excuse #3:
                              Hello, this is Vanessa Conne from the vBulletin On-Line Billing Department. Due to a system crash last Friday, 23 percent of the system's information has been erased. Unfortunatly, a portion of the customer number/password was also lost. Please type in your customer number/password in order for your account to stay active. Thank You!
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X