Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've decided to buy vBulletin 4.0, but I'll wait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achilles
    replied
    Originally posted by King.Odysseus View Post
    It looks like that your site is working very well.
    Yes, it is.

Leave a comment:

• King.Odysseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    at this point i have NO faith that vB will ever be bug free ever again.

i have no idea if i am even going to keep my vB licence or give it away i can't sell something that does NOT work.

unlike IB i have these things called morales
    It looks like that your site is working very well.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
    Right. I should lower my expectations of the software because the company changes hands. Good point. Without vBulletin's previous reputation, IB doesn't have the money that it's made off this product so far, and that's a fact.

And yes, when I pay the money I did for a pre-sale and then I'm given a product that will eventually work, that's unacceptable. This isn't an open source development project, it's a direct purchase of a product that is supposed to work out of the box.

at this point i have NO faith that vB will ever be bug free ever again.

i have no idea if i am even going to keep my vB licence or give it away i can't sell something that does NOT work.

unlike IB i have these things called morales

Leave a comment:

• mavortium
    replied
    Right. I should lower my expectations of the software because the company changes hands. Good point. Without vBulletin's previous reputation, IB doesn't have the money that it's made off this product so far, and that's a fact.

And yes, when I pay the money I did for a pre-sale and then I'm given a product that will eventually work, that's unacceptable. This isn't an open source development project, it's a direct purchase of a product that is supposed to work out of the box.
    Agree completely. And we're left with no choice but to upgrade (or rather, buy a completely new product) or be left in the wilderness within the year. Shameful. I hope things improve drastically soon or I'll have to start building my cabin.

Leave a comment:

• Achilles
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover View Post
    Let's hope our vB Superman Hero...

... can come to the rescue soon... looks like he is needed badly:

Yes, he is. Where is he?

Leave a comment:

• King.Odysseus
    replied
    Are you?
    Nope, I'm serious.

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    No I am not kidding. You have to expect that everything in this world isn't perfect.
    So even though the OP has decided to make a joke of this which is fine, if you are one of those people who continuously fusses over little bugs and wants everything to be perfect had better have second thoughts on having a forum from here.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Are you kidding?
    No I am not kidding. You have to expect that everything in this world isn't perfect.
    So even though the OP has decided to make a joke of this which is fine, if you are one of those people who continuously fusses over little bugs and wants everything to be perfect had better have second thoughts on having a forum from here.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Let's hope our vB Superman Hero...

... can come to the rescue soon... looks like he is needed badly:

Last edited by Grover; Thu 21 Jan '10, 1:08pm.

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    Are you kidding?
    Are you?

Leave a comment:

• King.Odysseus
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    You will be waiting for a while.
    Are you kidding?

Leave a comment:

• Achilles
    replied
    What about a huge box of these?

Oh, my!

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by Achilles View Post
    I don't like bugs.
    You will be waiting for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    What about a huge box of these?

nice but even those wont fix ALL the bugs in vBugs4 (yes i stole the vBugs4 thing hey it is fitting afterall.)

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X