Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pspmodandcfw
    replied
    Mert, you aren't thinking deep enough bud. Kier said we will be able to use the spam cleaner on our own custom mods, we just need to have the required functions to call etc.

"Code to an interface, not to an implementation"

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
    I think i was totally misunderstood or possibly i expressed myself not clear enough because of the problems i had last 2 days in personal life.

For vB 3.7 there was a modification released on vBulletin.org named Spam Decimator. Spam Decimator was a similar modification. Modification showed a spam button on postbit and when you clicked on the button it was opening a popup which had options on what you wanted to do. It was a brilliant modification and one of my fav vB modifications all time.

xenForo looks similar however it has great UI improvements compared to Spam Decimator. However i know improvements are not limited with UI improvements. xenForo spam controls gives you a revert option also which is a great functionality. Without trying i can't comment any further but what we see in demo is a great tool and i am eager to use it ( unfortunately we will all have to use it )

Default vB 3.7 spam options were functioning nice however it required too many clicks.

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    I beg to differ Mert, as the spam cleaner in vBulletin has not been extended into areas such as the wall conversations. The xenForo spam cleaner extends into the posts and the wall conversations. I have no doubt it can be extended into additional areas of functionality, including blog posts eventually.
    I think i was totally misunderstood or possibly i expressed myself not clear enough because of the problems i had last 2 days in personal life.

For vB 3.7 there was a modification released on vBulletin.org named Spam Decimator. Spam Decimator was a similar modification. Modification showed a spam button on postbit and when you clicked on the button it was opening a popup which had options on what you wanted to do. It was a brilliant modification and one of my fav vB modifications all time.

xenForo looks similar however it has great UI improvements compared to Spam Decimator. However i know improvements are not limited with UI improvements. xenForo spam controls gives you a revert option also which is a great functionality. Without trying i can't comment any further but what we see in demo is a great tool and i am eager to use it ( unfortunately we will all have to use it )

Default vB 3.7 spam options were functioning nice however it required too many clicks.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    There is an exact same spam cleaner for vBulletin with only a different layout since vB 3.7
    I beg to differ Mert, as the spam cleaner in vBulletin has not been extended into areas such as the wall conversations. The xenForo spam cleaner extends into the posts and the wall conversations. I have no doubt it can be extended into additional areas of functionality, including blog posts eventually.

Leave a comment:

• pspmodandcfw
    replied
    There is an exact same spam cleaner for vBulletin with only a different layout since vB 3.7
    The Design Philosophies and Principles of xenForo is what sets it apart also

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    "only a different layout" - you name it. Usability is the key, and this is were vB4 falls short, terribly so.

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
    After watching the video from Kier today on the spam features... all I can say is OMFG, what a serious breathe of fresh air compared to anything on the market. All the forum players have to seriously lift their game with the way that piece of software is slowly coming together. Extremely intuitive, innovative, functional and smartly designed.

Leave a comment:

• DDIG
    replied
    Watch and learn I'd say. Which is probably what they'll do at IB's.

Prepare for an overwhelming groundbreaking VB 4.1

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    After watching the video from Kier today on the spam features... all I can say is OMFG, what a serious breathe of fresh air compared to anything on the market. All the forum players have to seriously lift their game with the way that piece of software is slowly coming together. Extremely intuitive, innovative, functional and smartly designed.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Going back onto topic, is XenForo signalling a shift in general paradigm?

Leave a comment:

• pspmodandcfw
    replied
    Reported.
    Originally posted by steven s View Post
    This thread is so far o/t, might as well just close it.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    This thread is so far o/t, might as well just close it.

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    No posting links here to sites brought to my attention by Kier himself, but massively going off-topic is kosher.

Got it.

As you were.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    With just one flick of the finger you will see nothing but spam. The power is awesome indeed.
    If anyone can take me down a peg or two, it is you. And I like SPAM actually.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Yes, you do know me well. But that specail usergroup is really lonely. Do I get to ride the little yellow bus?
    With just one flick of the finger you will see nothing but spam. The power is awesome indeed.

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    All seriousness aside (), you and I have had our go-rounds, but I have never lost one ounce of respect for you in our past dealings. You have always been upfront and honest with me and I do appreciate that, sir.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
    At the risk of a massive class action suit that could end the entire internet as we know it, I'll have to admit I just made that up.
    Damn! I thought I was forgetting things again. But it would have made a nice memory.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X