Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Have just asked the man in question on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    Even with a big team, it'd take a good few years to reach a stable, robust and feature-packed platform like vBulletin has at the moment. I have my doubts over whether this is a worthwhile venture, or even a feasible one. After all there's plenty of well-coded, scalable basic forum platforms available now anyway
    At this rate, it'll take the current team to do the same thing with vb4.

Leave a comment:

• BIGMONAY2K
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    When they were there together, vB4 was planned for years but did not go anywhere.
    you can't be serious dude?wow

if it is true, i wish him good luck...I like the guy

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    Now if Scott, Mike and a few others joined him then it may have been a different story altogether.
    When they were there together, vB4 was planned for years but did not go anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    If he isn't collaborating with other people - how will it be any different to the vB before IB came along? For as what I remember he was pretty much calling the shots back then.

I'll be interested in anything he or any of the devs come out with, but it's not going to be easy for any single ex-team member to go it alone. Now if Scott, Mike and a few others joined him then it may have been a different story altogether.

Leave a comment:

• badblu01
    replied
    if this were true it would make VB 4 look bad

Leave a comment:

• Kusadasi-Guy
    replied
    Wow! A brand new forum software from him would be amazing and cant imagine the long queue.

Leave a comment:

• Al Zander
    replied
    lol at the geek's "Who's Kier?" ... and someone actually biting

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Even with a big team, it'd take a good few years to reach a stable, robust and feature-packed platform like vBulletin has at the moment. I have my doubts over whether this is a worthwhile venture, or even a feasible one. After all there's plenty of well-coded, scalable basic forum platforms available now anyway

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Or is he just busy inventing a new form of toast? I can save you the 27 pages of pure speculation: Neither have been confirmed or denied so both are just as likely.

Leave a comment:

• Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Interesting read:
    http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/vbu...software-5562/

... also with comments by the man himself.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X