Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is_it_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    We have
    I was thinking more of 'the management', not the 'good guys', like yourself.

If, and that’s a very big ‘if’, IB are serious about the future of vB they should be very worried about the ‘new kids on the block’.

From small acorns great oaks grow.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    We have
    I wonder if the management have noticed though? Or even if they care?

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Just been looking at all the new, old and popular names joining from here there so fast. Amazing! Kier and Mike must be over the moon with how things have gone since the launch.

Leave a comment:

• PirateReports
    replied
    We have
    Anyone applied for a decent job in a stress free environment yet

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by is_it_me View Post
    Judging by the total lack of interest shown towards this forum, and the customers, maybe they haven’t actually noticed the thread.
    We have

Leave a comment:

• Yves R.
    replied
    Originally posted by is_it_me View Post
    Judging by the total lack of interest shown towards this forum, and the customers, maybe they haven’t actually noticed the thread.
    I can assure you you can find some of the IB team registered on xenForo

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Great news, simply great news. Now we can look forward to see how it should be done by Kier and Mike.

Just joined...

Leave a comment:

• is_it_me
    replied
    Originally posted by smackLAN View Post
    I do have to give vB credit for allowing this thread to remain...they aren't entirely evil incarnate

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by smackLAN View Post
    I do have to give vB credit for allowing this thread to remain...they aren't entirely evil incarnate
    vB has the most demorcatic forum I have ever seen on the net. You can say almost about anything here.

Leave a comment:

• smackLAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DieselMinded
    replied
    I feel horrible to admit that yesterday i bought a IPB license http://www.truckpullers.com/

i have both vb3 and vb4 sites and after my vb4 experience and even my stable vb3 board being exploited on the vb3.6.8 debacle i decided my time and money was best spent on IPB.

Then xenforo shows up and i really like it. its a breath of fresh air with INNOVATION something thats missing from vb4 as its more or less a copy of page source from IPB where as IPB are stable on the same design.

i hope that vb steps out of their safe zone soon and start being innovated , i plan to keep my Big Board on vb3 with no plans of upgrading past vb3

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    So it's starting to look as though I shall, in the fullness of time, move from one Kier (and co) development product to another Kier (and co) developed product.

I do emphasise the "and co" as Kier himself once told me off for using his name only in these sort of posts as both the work he did here and the new product is the work of a team (albeit on his new product it's a very small one).

Leave a comment:

• gothic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    VB 3.8x is rock solid, so he isn't wrong.
    You are quite correct, I remain with this version, I was of course referring to the (can't think of anything non-libellus to put here, so I won't bother).....

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    VB 3.8x is rock solid, so he isn't wrong.

Leave a comment:

• gothic
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    I don''t think vB is falling or it will. vB is rock solid.
    Sorry, but got to ask when you last visited our planet

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X