Clear All

• sabret00the
    replied
    wow, bumped an old thread

i'm a secureCRT man.

Leave a comment:

• djnoz
    replied
    I'd second that. My hosts only allow ssh, and PuTTY is what I use to get at it

Leave a comment:

• trackpads
    replied
    Originally posted by Marco
    PuTTY. There is nothing else.
    Yup!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    Originally posted by thariq
    I need to implement Auto call Redirecting System in VB / VB.NET platform.
    I need to know is there anyway to achieve this using normal modems.
    ie, ti accept a call and redirect to another line without disconnection using normal modem!!!

Kamal
    Wow this thread is a little more then 3yrs old.

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82
    replied
    Secure Shell Client from SSH.com

Leave a comment:

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    Originally posted by Marco
    well there is something else, but thats what i use as well

Leave a comment:

• Marco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thariq
    replied
    Call redirection with Normal Modem

I need to implement Auto call Redirecting System in VB / VB.NET platform.
    I need to know is there anyway to achieve this using normal modems.
    ie, ti accept a call and redirect to another line without disconnection using normal modem!!!

Kamal

Leave a comment:

• dr_unixman
    replied
    SSH from ssh.com

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
    I'd *highly* recommend CRT for Telnet access and SecureCRT for SSH access as well.... it's the best thing out there and the cost is very reasonable as well.

-Chris
    As far as I know, the above is pay per use. The SSH (1 and 2) client from http://www.ssh.com/ is free for personal and educational use. It only offers SSH though. Now, for a real cheap, SSH1/Telnet client, go for putty. Perform a search on any major search engine for putty and you will find it.

My .02 cents. Cheers!

-
    um

Leave a comment:

• Stallion
    replied
    eva2000: try "man wget"

I'm not sure if its installed on all systems, but it works like a charm for me!

As far as CuteFTP server-to-server, you are the middleman. This means you'd need to have 100MB of space locally (if you're transferring a 100MB file) and the transfer would be limited by the slower of your upstream or downstream connections, which can be a hassle when the two servers are both on OC-12's

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoe
    Do the programs memtioned above or yet to be mentioned have good scripting possiblilities?
    Yes, SecureCRT/CRT offer the ability to record and play .VBS script files, you can automate pretty much anything you would need to with that.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• Shoe
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesglewisf
    Idiot Alert!!!!

I often see people saying that they need Telnet access. For what purpose do you need it? I'm sure I'm missing out on something fun, and that's not fair. Seriously though, what's it for?

BTW, the idiot I'm referring to is me.
    Do stuff remotely on a unix box is what I use it for. Anyway, I used to have procomm plus with lots of scripts. They don't offer the telnet program as a stand alone any longer. Do the programs memtioned above or yet to be mentioned have good scripting possiblilities?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    how does server to server transfer work ? i tried it through cuteftp from my virtual host server to my dedicated server, didn't work my dedicated server didn't accept the files within the directory folders...... but it did accept the folders themselves ?

Leave a comment:

• Stallion
    replied
    Telnet has a multitude of uses! :-)

For example, how can you completely manage the server including setting up new vhosts, mysql accounts, email addresses, and the like, with FTP?

Its pretty much critical if you want to do a server-to-server file transfer (wget), start eggdrops (IRC), or run any other sort of program not designed for a web browser.

Also, Perl debugging is best done through Telnet (I believe) since it doesn't have a through-the-web debugger like PHP.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    hey shane

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X