Got a new Nokia Cellphone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new Nokia Cellphone :)

I used to have a crap analog by Phillips called the IRIS. I always got ragged for having it. I got it 3 years ago when I got my first car. It sounded like crap, big, bulky, horrible reception, battery life was maybe less than an hour, and there were NO parts anywhere in my town that had adapters or accesories for it.

So I went in today to get my car tuned up, and since they always take a while, I walked over to US Cellular to get my cellphone re-programmed for a new area code. The guy had never seen my phone, at and least 2 other ppl came over and shuddered at the thought of an analog phone. He had trouble trying to figure out how to program the damn thing lol.

So I said "ah the hell with it. Give me a new phone and contract"

So I got the 200 minute a month, 2 year contract + insurance. This thing is cool. Its got caller ID, voice mail, games etc. Im gonna get an adapter and all that crap tomarrow.

Here are some pics:
    http://members.home.net/joe1980/webc...e/Pict0005.JPG
    http://members.home.net/joe1980/webc...e/Pict0004.JPG
    http://members.home.net/joe1980/webc...e/Pict0003.JPG
    http://members.home.net/joe1980/webc...e/Pict0002.JPG

The only thing I dont like is the color. But I guess you can swap faceplates? I wanted that cool chrome color, but they didnt have it. They had a really small Nokia on display that looked great, but it was pretty expensive, so I went with this one instead.
    Last edited by Mr. X; Fri 16 Nov '01, 11:03pm.
    forums: pcfx.cc
    gallery: here

nice !
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

can i touch u?

i need a cell phone

Comment

And for those who care: http://www.nokiausa.com/5165

Comment

I have the same phone...it's OK, but not that good.

I really want to get a motorola fliptop with vibrate ring, but money constrains all great things.

Comment

have the same phone...it's OK, but not that good.
            Your the second person who told me its not that good. Why? Whats so bad about it?

I just read some reviews and many of them were very positive. I hear this is/was a really really popular phone? Is that why?

Sure I'd like the fliptop ones, but the one displayed at the store were WAAAY too much and just not worth it for personal use. The one I got has more than enough features for me to use
            Last edited by Mr. X; Fri 16 Nov '01, 4:05pm.

Comment

I have the little one I think you were referring to (8290) and I love it. no antenna, so the carcinogenous radio waves go straight to my brain , voice dialing, 10,000,000,000 irritating midi ring tones, games, calculator, bla bla bla.

The only reason I was will to pay so much is that it fits quite easily into my pants pocket and isn't noticable
              Last edited by Martin; Fri 16 Nov '01, 7:51pm.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

Yeah there is nothing worse then seeing a bulge in your pants
                Board of the Month: November
                Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

I used to have that phone. Was heavy and was a ***** in my pockets. So I got rid of it for a new one. I got a smaller one now.

Comment

I have the little Nokia phone, and I just love it: http://www.nokiausa.com/8260

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                      I used to have that phone. Was heavy and was a ***** in my pockets. So I got rid of it for a new one. I got a smaller one now.
                      Weird. I carried it around in my pocket, and it wasnt intrusive at all. Then again it wont be going in the pocket, I gotta get one of those belt clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                        I have the little Nokia phone, and I just love it: http://www.nokiausa.com/8260
                        I just checked out the contract on the 300 minute a month plan for my area: $200! Damn that is so totally out of my range. so TOTALLY TOTALLY out of my range..

Comment

I have no use for a phone...I might buy one just to look cool tho

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X

I just checked out the contract on the 300 minute a month plan for my area: $200! Damn that is so totally out of my range. so TOTALLY TOTALLY out of my range..

damn where do you live. I got that phone for 150, $34 a month for the service and 1200 minutes for one year than it goes 600.

Comment

I love my 8260 (AT&T)

the problem is its so small, sometimes we loose it.

I will tell yah though, on my trip across America, I picked up my new Cessna 172 on floats in Maine, flew it home to Alaska, when I was gassing the plane up in Washington, I did something where the phone slipped out of the holster, and PLOP! right into about 2.5' of clear lake water (we were near the shore)

I looked down and yelled "OH S***!!! JOE!! my phone just fell in!! its like a $200 phone!!"

I stop filling the plane for a minute jump down onto the float and just as clear as its in front of your face you could see "AT&T" along with the time and stuff in the wakey water!! HAHAA

I pulled it out really quick and it was still on! My whole arm got wet from reaching into the water, put it on the dash, let to dry for 30 minutes, took off from Washington and made it home to Alaska the next day.

Phone still works great as of today

NOW if that was an old Motorola analog, it would have been fried the minute it got plopped

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X