Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what's up with vBCodex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    That is okay but I'll pass. I'd rather just kill it off completely over relinquishing it.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    24 hours in the day... 26 hours worth of stuff to do. I could cut into my 3-4 hours of sleep per night to get it updated, secured and back online but not really willing to do that. Fun things get cut out when there is a lot of stuff to do. vBCodex was something I did for fun. I want to bring it back but unless we can add a couple hundred thousand miles to the Earth's orbit, it will be a while.

My host has also been stuffing up so will be looking for a new host as I can have my email go offline for 6 hours a day, every day.
    Move it to vbfans.com and let that community take it over

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    24 hours in the day... 26 hours worth of stuff to do. I could cut into my 3-4 hours of sleep per night to get it updated, secured and back online but not really willing to do that. Fun things get cut out when there is a lot of stuff to do. vBCodex was something I did for fun. I want to bring it back but unless we can add a couple hundred thousand miles to the Earth's orbit, it will be a while.

My host has also been stuffing up so will be looking for a new host as I can have my email go offline for 6 hours a day, every day.

Leave a comment:

• mlx
    replied
    Guess he's waiting for an actual stable vB4 release

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    2011, maybe?
    The next Monday, January 18 is 2016.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Been Told View Post
    The site is still locked and says, it'll be back on January 18th.
    2011, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Been Told
    replied
    The site is still locked and says, it'll be back on January 18th.

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    I hope you are well.

Updates?

The site will be back online on Monday, January 18th.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    I, personally, don't find it harder. There are more variables and more options but that doesn't make it more difficult or harder. There is also a greater reliance on CSS which would make it more difficult for some if they haven't learned latest web technologies. However once someone breaches the learning curve, it is actually easier.

It isn't so much as difficulty as available time.
    Do you know your colour scheme that you are going to have? Is it going to be the same as what it used to look like when I was on there last year?
    Maybe you should get somebody else in who has got a little more time on their hands that you can trust with the skinning of your forum.....

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    so why did you guys make it harder to skin than the 3.x.x series ?
    I, personally, don't find it harder. There are more variables and more options but that doesn't make it more difficult or harder. There is also a greater reliance on CSS which would make it more difficult for some if they haven't learned latest web technologies. However once someone breaches the learning curve, it is actually easier.

It isn't so much as difficulty as available time.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    I'm here and busy... just haven't had time to apply my new style to the site there yet. Takes a bit of coding.

so why did you guys make it harder to skin than the 3.x.x series ?

Leave a comment:

• WhatChaMissin
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    In his spare time I'm sure he's writing an article all about it.
    That should be some interesting reading.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Would be nice if you share your experience with your site's vB4 skinning.
    In his spare time I'm sure he's writing an article all about it.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    I'm here and busy... just haven't had time to apply my new style to the site there yet. Takes a bit of coding.
    Would be nice if you share your experience with your site's vB4 skinning.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X