Loaned Money you never got back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loaned Money you never got back.

Have you ever loaned money to somebody and never gotten it back?

I never loan money without taking the attitude that it's a gift, and if I get it back it's a gift back. I don't loan money to people that I am not willing to lose it to. If you're talking about loaning money to vBulletin, you didn't loan them anything. You purchased a product. Whether that product meets your expectations or not does not change the fact that it was not a loan. It was a purchase.
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

If you're talking about loaning money to vBulletin, you didn't loan them anything. You purchased a product. Whether that product meets your expectations or not does not change the fact that it was not a loan. It was a purchase.
      What? Lol..

Anyways, I loaned a friend $60 once and bugged him for the money for about six months.. His birthday came around and I told him that his present was that he didnt owe me the money anymore. I was tired of stressing over it.

Comment

Yeah, my brother borrowed 2 grand from me twenty years ago. Never could pay it back. That's why I developed the attitude I have about loaning money. Maybe one day he'll shoot me a check for 2 grand. Maybe not. It doesn't matter any more. If it comes back, it'll be a gift. If not, no skin off of my back. I wrote it off as a gift about six months after I gave it to him when I started to realize I'd never see it again. After that, anytime anybody asks for a loan, I just evaluate whether I can give them a gift, and if not, the answer is no.
        Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
          I never loan money without taking the attitude that it's a gift, and if I get it back it's a gift back. I don't loan money to people that I am not willing to lose it to.
          I am the same way. When I loan money to family and friends, I treat it as a gift. I let go before giving it away. I can't accept losing my immediate family or close friends over money. By loaning I mean targeted expensing that is beneficial to a recipient.

Comment

I don't.. and wont... The occasional 20-30 bucks is a bit different. Thats a sum of money you can live without.. But if someone has borrowed the 20 bucks, they don't get anything till I get it back. Large sums of money.. Don't even ask cause I wont do it.

If you are talking about large sums of money.. Good rule... Never borrow to Friends or Family. I've seen it go bad many times..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X