Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Name

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your Name

    Does your name have special meaning? Are you named after a relative?

  • #2
    What Brandon Means:
    B is for Bright

    R is for Relaxing

    A is for Adventurous

    N is for Nice

    D is for Deep

    O is for Overwhelming

    N is for Normal

    I guess this is what my name means.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

    Comment


    • #3
      I was supposed to be named Ron, after my father, but he chickened out at the last minute, so they named me Ryan instead. I still share his middle name though. We also have the same initials along with my youngest brother, four or five of my uncles and my real grandfather, whom I've never met.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

      Comment


      • #4
        nice question

        I was named after a TV character from the early 70's played by David Carradine in a program called 'Kung-Fu' - many will remember this.

        Mother was a 60's hippy and the character championed the non-voient approach to resolving conflict

        The characters name was Kwai Chang Caine - mother just changed the C to K and voila!!!

        Cheers

        Kaine

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
          I was supposed to be named Ron, after my father, but he chickened out at the last minute, so they named me Ryan instead. I still share his middle name though. We also have the same initials along with my youngest brother, four or five of my uncles and my real grandfather, whom I've never met.
          No offence to your father, but every single Ron I know is a d******* so that was a good call on his part.
          Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

          Comment


          • #6
            Yup, I'm a Junior...

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL Gladius. My name is Ron... at least that's what I go by. When I was born my parents named me Randall, but when the birth certificate came back from state it was misspelled as Rondall, and they liked it so they kept it. I grew up as Rondall, but started calling myself Ron when I went off to college in 1981. Technically I guess I should be a Randy instead of a Ron, so maybe that's why I'm not a d*******.
              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gladius View Post
                No offence to your father, but every single Ron I know is a d******* so that was a good call on his part.
                Hah!
                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  What Brandon Means:

                  B is for Bright

                  R is for Relaxing

                  A is for Adventurous

                  N is for Nice

                  D is for Deep

                  O is for Overwhelming

                  N is for Normal

                  I guess this is what my name means.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    someone quotes illegally here... rofl

                    i was named upon the doctor who delivered me... because my parents had no idea how to call me, we were twins when we were supposed to be only one, so the first name was given to "my other part"... quickly, they raised their head to find another name, and they found the ob-gyn's name...

                    come on, how pathetic...
                    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gladius View Post
                      No offence to your father, but every single Ron I know is a d******* so that was a good call on his part.
                      Does it matter what name was given to a child, for that matter even lastname. I find name giving same as assigning numbers, primary keys and IDs in databases. I don't feel any attachment to my name just like I don't feel any kind of loyalty to any religion, race and ethnicity. However, I value different cultures and languages. So, I guess I can be considered a foreign key in the database of life with no apparent connection to any table within or outside the database.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                        someone quotes illegally here... rofl

                        i was named upon the doctor who delivered me... because my parents had no idea how to call me, we were twins when we were supposed to be only one, so the first name was given to "my other part"... quickly, they raised their head to find another name, and they found the ob-gyn's name...

                        come on, how pathetic...
                        coulda been worse you could have been named after bill gates, tiger woods or oj simpson.

                        i got lucky with my name MICHAEL in the baby book means "god like" i don't know how true that one is but............

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigwater View Post
                          LOL Gladius. My name is Ron... at least that's what I go by. When I was born my parents named me Randall, but when the birth certificate came back from state it was misspelled as Rondall, and they liked it so they kept it. I grew up as Rondall, but started calling myself Ron when I went off to college in 1981. Technically I guess I should be a Randy instead of a Ron, so maybe that's why I'm not a d*******.
                          Must be!

                          Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                          Does it matter what name was given to a child, for that matter even lastname. I find name giving same as assigning numbers, primary keys and IDs in databases. I don't feel any attachment to my name just like I don't feel any kind of loyalty to any religion, race and ethnicity. However, I value different cultures and languages. So, I guess I can be considered a foreign key in the database of life with no apparent connection to any table within or outside the database.
                          The names some parents come up with these days are enough for any child to want them to burn in hell for. It seems the more "hip" the parents are, the more retarded the names their children get. All I can think of is the poor kids who'll have to endure a childhood of abuse from their peers over the names their idiot parents gave them. This trend unfortunately doesn't stop in the English-speaking world, it's readily apparent in most (European) countries I've visited in the last few years.
                          Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, but it's not just these days. It's been going on for a long time. Back when I was a broke college student in the early 80's i was sitting bored in a laundrymat waiting for my clothes to dry. There was this cute little kid, probably about 7 years old, playing with a bunch of plastic toys as her mommy was doing laundry. I struck up a conversation with the kid and eventually asked her what her name was. She said her name (pronouncing it the way she did) Lé-Mon-Jhalo. I thought, what an interesting name, and was curious as to it's origin. She just shrugged her shoulders when I asked her where her name came from, so I asked her how she spelled it. She said L E M O N J E L L O and I about crapped myself laughing. This woman had named her kid Lemon Jello.
                            Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ugh...
                              Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X