Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel when you come across vBulletin piracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share the Love How do you feel when you come across vBulletin piracy?

How often is it that you find vBulletin piracy in form of distribution.

I recently found a member of this forum posted on another forum a copy of vBulletin 4, Alpha 5 - still - I turns me inside out and it is quite heart breaking to see it.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

the only thing we can do is send it on over to vbulletin.com/piracy.php and let them take care of it
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Even then, you don't really feel satisfied
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
        Even then, you don't really feel satisfied
        ... so?

You did your part. Move on.

No sense in sitting and dwelling on something that is out of your control.

If I find a pirated board or someone pirating the board, I follow these four easy steps.

1. Go to vbulletin.com/piracy.php
        2. Type in the URL.
        3. Click Submit
        4. Go on about my merry way.
        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

I don't know because I have no clue how to look at a vB install and know its been pirated. Do they say 'vB nulled' in the footer?
          My Twitterings

Comment

Originally posted by the geek View Post
            I don't know because I have no clue how to look at a vB install and know its been pirated. Do they say 'vB nulled' in the footer?
            You take a guess.

If you're wrong, nothing happens. If you're right, they get taken down.

Win-win.

Generally if they are on a free host, they are pirated (note, generally, not always the case).

Or, ya know, if the person who owns the site slips up and actually says it.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

If you report the site the people are going to get caught. If you don't then you have screwed your chance of catching somebody doing the wrong thing.
              I remember looking through a couple of sites online that were downloading free copies of vB3. I reported them via email and they got into a lot of trouble.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

It's not exactly one of my fave past times looking up nulled sites, tbh. It's a pain.... But it does happen sadly.

I don't like it much - legal gets you more stuff than illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by the geek View Post
                  Same shoes here.
                  Let their members report it. They will!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

I've never seen it, I believe.
                    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
                      How often is it that you find vBulletin piracy in form of distribution.

I recently found a member of this forum posted on another forum a copy of vBulletin 4, Alpha 5 - still - I turns me inside out and it is quite heart breaking to see it.
                      Don't be heartbroken. That's OTT.

Just report it, and move on. Piracy is a fact of software life. Just do your duty and then leave it to the professionals.

Far more important things in life to get heartbroken over.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Each to their own I always say. If I come across a vbulletin site that looks like it could be nulled I go on about my business since vbulletins problems are not mine.
                        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Doesn't bother me one bit if I know a vBulletin is legit or not.

What I like is when someone gets pissed and thinks we have a nulled vB. Spouts and tells me they are reporting me for piracy..
                          Dont know if they actually do or not. But it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerVitals View Post
                            Doesn't bother me one bit if I know a vBulletin is legit or not.

What I like is when someone gets pissed and thinks we have a nulled vB. Spouts and tells me they are reporting me for piracy..
                            Dont know if they actually do or not. But it's all good.
                            You would know yourself if you had downloaded a free copy of vBulletin.com software.
                            Even if you had paid for it and were allowing others to download a copy from your website you would be up for piracy.
                            That's why you have a license and those that think that they would be better off with a free copy get done because they refuse to pay for a licence.
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I have mixed feelings. While I am against piracy, there are situations when you feel it was justified. Key word is here "feel".

Take my situation for consideration. I have two licenses for vB Suite. One I upgraded from vb3 that also has Blog & PP. Another one is a "fresh" license and it comes with vB4 Blog & CMS. I don't wanna run vB Suite yet as it's not ready IMHO. But I wanna start a new community with the second license soon. I am planning to use vB3.8.4. If I install vB3 Blog (taken from my first license), will I be running a pirated copy of the Blog? Can I be considered an abusive pumpkin? Would you report me?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X