vBulletin Adsense Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Adsense Access

Is there any benefit to allowing vBulletin access to my Adsense account?

not that I can see
    and in fact, you limit yourself to where you can place your ads
    IMO it's much better to add the banners yourself, so you have full control of who can see them, and the placement.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
      not that I can see
      IMO it's much better to add the banners yourself, so you have full control of who can see them, and the placement.
      I have Adsense enabled via vBulletin.com.

And there is nothing preventing me from limiting who can see them, and where I can use the Ads. I have full access to the Google Adsense control panel.

If you're going to comment, Brandon, please at least tell the truth. I can manually add my Adsense ads to my vBulletin as well as my site (which isn't powered by my own custom software), and any other software I wish to add it too.

I can also modify the Ad templates to limit who sees them, and I can copy the Ad template code and place them in other parts of the board.

All vBulletin is doing with their Adsense feature, is streamlining the process, making it easier for the average admin to add ads.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post

And there is nothing preventing me from limiting who can see them, and where I can use the Ads. I have full access to the Google Adsense control panel.

If you're going to comment, Brandon, please at least tell the truth. I can manually add my Adsense ads to my vBulletin as well as my site (which isn't powered by my own custom software), and any other software I wish to add it too.

I can also modify the Ad templates to limit who sees them, and I can copy the Ad template code and place them in other parts of the board.

All vBulletin is doing with their Adsense feature, is streamlining the process, making it easier for the average admin to add ads.
        I did tell the truth.. you said you had to manually place the ads to get them where you wanted, that's exactly what I said
        if you're going to try and call me out Ryan, at least read what I type

Comment

Thanks you Ryan. I am earning a steady $250-$350 in revenue a month from Adsense at this moment. I have spent a lot of time experimenting on which are the best areas to place my ads and I think I've nailed it because my revenue is increasing month by month. I've actually become real good with the whole adsense program.

Is it safe to say that I should just leave it the way it is?

Will granting vBulletin access increase my revenue at all?

Comment

Originally posted by CrashPush View Post
            Is it safe to say that I should just leave it the way it is?
            yes
            Will granting vBulletin access increase my revenue at all?
            nope

Comment

Thanks you Ryan. I am earning a steady $250-$350 in revenue a month from Adsense at this moment. I have spent a lot of time experimenting on which are the best areas to place my ads and I think I've nailed it because my revenue is increasing month by month. I've actually become real good with the whole adsense program.
              Just out of interest - how much traffic do you have a month, and how many ad's per day? cause thats some pretty darn good revenue from it....

Comment

I did tell the truth.. you said you had to manually place the ads to get them where you wanted, that's exactly what I said
                if you're going to try and call me out Ryan, at least read what I type
                No, I said I had the choice to do so, or I could let vBulletin automatically do it for me.
                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

No, I said I had the choice to do so, or I could let vBulletin automatically do it for me.
                  but to get them in custom locations, you had to manually add them
                  that's all I was stating

Comment

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
                    Just out of interest - how much traffic do you have a month, and how many ad's per day? cause thats some pretty darn good revenue from it....
                    2800-3000 unique hits a month. Between 600,000-800,000 page impressions.

Comment

Jeepers... That's pretty good.

Guess that rules out any hopes of getting anything near what you get on my site then. xD

Comment

Originally posted by CrashPush View Post
                        Sorry I meant 2800-3000 unique hits a day and between 600,000-800,000 page impressions a month.

Comment

Sorry I meant 2800-3000 unique hits a day and between 600,000-800,000 page impressions a month.
                          *eyes boggle* well, i change my reply from pretty good to bloody amazing!

Congrats on having an amazingly active site.

Comment

Adsense banned me for no good reason a while back.. Guess someone kept clicking my ads over and over and over and over again to get me banned.
                            Ive appealed several times but no luck.
                            Right now I'm using adbrite. They dont pay too great so I might move on to something else when I get my 1st check from them.

Comment

not that I can see
                              Totally agree with that after I tried vBulletin 3.8. I couldn't believe how limited it makes you, with very bad integration indeed rushed in I'd say if you choose to just use the IB Adsense system to add them automatically. Your better adding them manually yourself.

vB 3.7 is not a bad version, because it comes with Adsense templates you can use, but no IB Admin Adsense system integrated to spoil it all like in vB 3.8.
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 18th Dec '09, 8:23pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X