Transfer between two servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer between two servers?

Anybody know of a way to transfer data between two servers, via FTP or something else?

We have useless data caps in New Zealand, and downloading the 200 meg database to my computer then uploading it to another server is gonna eat up my bandwidth pretty quick.

Anyone know of tips/tricks/programs/hacks to do this?

Cheers,
    Andrew

You can see if both servers have the FXP protical.
    If it does, then you can FXP the data.

Or, if both servers have cPanel, your host should be able to grab the data for you.

Comment

Yep... WHM allows you to just do it instantly via servers, no downloading required. Your server host should be able to do this for you if needed.

Comment

If they are on different hosts, does this still apply?

Comment

Use wget or rsync?
          My vB 4 forum: http://instantjump.com

Comment

-- it makes it look like the post title, thats a bug I think --

SSH or FTP transfer files from server 1 to server 2?

I used backed up my database in to a gzip file and used "scp" to move it over.

I think I uploaded the forum files and attachments from my pc but the rsync method was also mentioned.

If both hosts have cpanel -- there is an option for cpanel to move it for you.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Also brush up on DNS, the first time I moved my site I had no problems but this latest move gave me a ton of problems with DNS servers not getting updated. I'm still having problems here and there with some users.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
                If they are on different hosts, does this still apply?
                Not usually... WHM and such allow you to usually choose... ssh, ftp, etc betwen servers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X