vBGallery or Photopost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBGallery or Photopost

Just curious as to what everyone is using for their gallery software and why. Thanks in advance!
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Aren't vBGallery and Photopost the same? (I think I read about that somewhere on vb.com)
    Anyway, I'm using PhotoPlog for simple reason which is: the current built-in album system doesn't fill the need of image gallery (hope that will change and the album system will get improved in the future). When I saw PhotoPlog first time I liked it so I used it, I also don't know much about photo post.
    Last edited by Super Jinni; Wed 2 Dec '09, 11:41am.

Comment

Have used both. Prefer neither. I spent a lot of time and money migrating from vBgallery into vB's albums and am very happy I did. Though the albums arent a direct comparison to a gallery package, theyre 90% of the way there for my users needs and is one less headache to manage.

Good luck!
      My Twitterings

Comment

Ya I was thinking of just using the albums, but I have licenses for both gallery systems, so I was just trying to see what others were using.

Thanks for the responses!!
        CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

Quick question:

Does vBGallery allow multiple uploads (java/pretty much like photobucket)?

Comment

I'm using photoplog and i (am/was) very happy with it

But the development process and new features have stopped, that sux a little bit

Specially since morgan have to support the vbgeek scripts too

Comment

Originally posted by ragtek View Post
              I'm using photoplog and i (am/was) very happy with it

But the development process and new features have stopped, that sux a little bit

Specially since morgan have to support the vbgeek scripts too
              Thank you I'll take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by the geek View Post
                Have used both. Prefer neither. I spent a lot of time and money migrating from vBgallery into vB's albums and am very happy I did. Though the albums arent a direct comparison to a gallery package, theyre 90% of the way there for my users needs and is one less headache to manage.

Good luck!
                Sam , do you still have the upgrade script ? If yes can you possibly send it to me ? I am trying to get rid of gallery also

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpowered View Post
                  Just curious as to what everyone is using for their gallery software and why. Thanks in advance!
                  VBG, simply because of the integration and the superior look and feel. However, I bought the gallery before photopost "acquired" it.

Photopost Pro is Photopost's flagship gallery and they update it more frequently and it also has more features than VBG. I like the way VBG works and even today, would pick it over pro.

Comment

Originally posted by the geek View Post

Good luck!
                    Interesting.. what was involved with the conversion? Did you modify the way the albums work?

Comment

Originally posted by trilogy33 View Post
                      Quick question:

Does vBGallery allow multiple uploads (java/pretty much like photobucket)?
                      Yes, Version 2.5 ov VBG has the flash uploader.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                        Interesting.. what was involved with the conversion? Did you modify the way the albums work?

Nope, I had SirAdrian write an importer which did the bulk of the process.
                        @Lizard - PM him if you want to know more.

Like I said, I have used both and both are fairly full featured. VBG is more integrated into vb then it used to be, however my users needs are most of the way met with the vBs albums. As Ragtek mentioned it may also be worth checking out photoplog - though I haven't used it, I have a lot of faith in Morgans ability.
                        My Twitterings

Comment

Thanks
                          Flash: one wonders why we hadn't already done that pre v4. No bother.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpowered View Post
                            vBGallery or Photopost
                            I have both licenses and thinking about switching to PhotoPost Pro as it's a stand-alone gallery. vBGallery nicely intergrates with vB; however I am not sure it can keep up with the fast releases of vB4 given how much it was neglected in the past by its developer. vB Albums is not a gallery, not even member albums, but rather a social networking add-on. If you wanna present images in unorganized (non-hierarchial) manner, vB Albums is the way to go.

Comment

Im using Photopost Pro, but would really appreciate it if IB would get vb's album functionality expanded with global photo categories, so I can ditch Photopost and just use vbulletin.
                              I buy 420 forums

Comment