Running vBulletin Locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running vBulletin Locally

Good day everyone, I would like to run a test install of vBulletin locally, however, not sure where to start!?

I seem to remember some time ago a program you could install on your local machine that made this very easy, however, do not remember what it was called.

Anyhow, any help you could offer would be much appreciated, thanks!
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

For running things locally within my LAN area

I use EasyPHP

Download: http://www.easyphp.org/download.php

Its very easy to use and supports 99% of Web Apps.
    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
      For running things locally within my LAN area

I use EasyPHP

Download: http://www.easyphp.org/download.php

Its very easy to use and supports 99% of Web Apps.
      I have issues with Easyphp now..
      I used to run perfect. But after upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit, Anything the deals with mysql wont work.
      HTML, PHP CGI and a few basic mysql commands will work. But some of the more complex php scripts I have get the "The Connection was Rest" page. Not sure why. Same with WAMP

But yeah I say give it a go. Thats what I used to do.. In fact...
      I wrote up a tutorial a while back..
      http://www.computervitals.com/forum/...in-t11988.html

Comment

Which version of EasyPHP did you use? because on the most up-to-date ones do indeed have SQL issues, not sure if that is a Win 7 based issue, or all arouund, but if you go for one of the lower packages, it will work.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I will take a look!
          CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

For Windows, there is Wampserver. Never had problems with it before. Currently I use IIS 7. With PHP and MySQL installed manually.

Most OSes can use XAMPP as well.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I used to use XAMPP. But awhile ago, I've installed MySQL, Apache, and PHP manually and separately, and I'm happy with it.

I've a question for you Wayne:
              Is it any good to use IIS over Apache?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Jinni View Post
                I've a question for you Wayne:
                Is it any good to use IIS over Apache?
                If you want to mess with .NET and Silverlight. Other than that they are pretty equal. In my opinion, IIS is easier to configure with its XML configuration files and GUI. I find it beneficial to be able to control FTP, SMTP and HTTP from the same control panel as well.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Running vBulletin Locally

in what order should i do things while upgrading? shall i first run the vbulletin upgrade without any file mods? or can I do all the CMPS file mods first?

Comment

Originally posted by smultLot73 View Post
                    in what order should i do things while upgrading? shall i first run the vbulletin upgrade without any file mods? or can I do all the CMPS file mods first?
                    To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

If you are having an issue on a particular site powered by vBulletin, contact the administrator of that site for support.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Which version of EasyPHP did you use? because on the most up-to-date ones do indeed have SQL issues, not sure if that is a Win 7 based issue, or all arouund, but if you go for one of the lower packages, it will work.
                      Your signature is cool Piracy team can shutdown illegal sites?
                      Vui Ve Club - www.vuiveclub.net

Comment

Uninstalled EasyPHP 5.3x and installed the 5.2 package of EasyPHP, All works seamlessly on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpowered View Post
                          Good day everyone, I would like to run a test install of vBulletin locally, however, not sure where to start!?

I seem to remember some time ago a program you could install on your local machine that made this very easy, however, do not remember what it was called.

Anyhow, any help you could offer would be much appreciated, thanks!
                          Running fine here with Xampp & Windows 7 - You can download here: www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
                          MaurÝcio

Comment

Uninstalled EasyPHP 5.3x and installed the 5.2 package of EasyPHP, All works seamlessly on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks...
                            Glad it worked out for you!

Your signature is cool
                            Thanks, just found that post one day, and put it in my signature, found it to be rather funny.

For Windows, there is Wampserver. Never had problems with it before. Currently I use IIS 7. With PHP and MySQL installed manually.

Most OSes can use XAMPP as well.
                            Wayne, for say like a LAN thing where if i want to test PHP software or write custom scripts, which one would you recommend as being "Best"?

Thanks.

Comment

Wayne, for say like a LAN thing where if i want to test PHP software or write custom scripts, which one would you recommend as being "Best"?

Thanks.
                              I installed xampp with Winx64. This worked as well, even with the php5.3. But I did find it to be slower.. I'm sure if you tweaked the php a bit to run locally, it may run faster.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X