X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by wii View Post
    But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences? I read somewhere that the drivers for Macs are not the best.
    Apple's Boot Camp drivers royally sucked until 3.0 was released with Snow Leopard. Now, everything works as it's supposed to, including the multi-touch trackpad.
    Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
    Windows run's on a mac properly.

The irony of it is, that a bunch of MS execs run windows on a MBP body. :P
    There's nothing ironic about running Windows on Macintosh hardware. Microsoft sells software to run on hardware, any hardware, whether it's made by Apple or Dell.
    Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
    Windows should run better on a mac since the hardware is picked by Apple to work together flawlessly. Compare that with the 'blue screen PC's' (almost always a hardware issue).
    Actually, most stop errors in the Windows NT era are caused by faulty third-party drivers, not hardware. The last stop error I've ever gotten on Windows was back in 2000, when I still ran Win98.

Leave a comment:

• jasetaro
    replied
    I'm not sure what they are doing with the macs at your work. I'm a mac user since October 2008, and believe it or not, it hasn't crashed once (and I'm a heavy user).
    I can't remember the last time I had an OS crash under Windows or the Mac OS... Applications crash now and then, but under normal circumstances the OS be shouldn't crashing regular basis. If it is there's something wrong.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    I never had a Mac PC () mainly because it's expensive. PCs do just fine.

Mac vs PC

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    I'm not sure what they are doing with the macs at your work. I'm a mac user since October 2008, and believe it or not, it hasn't crashed once (and I'm a heavy user).

Leave a comment:

• socceronly
    replied
    Windows should run better on a mac since the hardware is picked by Apple to work together flawlessly. Compare that with the 'blue screen PC's' (almost always a hardware issue).
    LOL. The Macs at work crash all the time.

And the response is, oh there must be something wrong with them.... but PC's that's just normal. It's not.

Buy a Mac if you like it. That is the only reason to get it.

But don't buy it for any of the bs reasons like.

1. Its better for graphics.
    2. More creative
    3. More stable
    blah blah blah....

It's not.

If you do buy one, DON"T let those Apple dealer pricks lie to you about things like RAM. Buy your RAM at a PC store. It is the same RAM no matter what those idiots tell you. And it will be possibly 2-4 times cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dismounted
    replied
    Originally posted by wii View Post
    But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences?
    The actual hardware that is put into a MacBook, an iMac, or a Mac Pro is exactly the same stuff they put into "PCs". They run the same x86-64 architecture (Mac OS previously ran on PPC).

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    Windows run's on a mac properly.

The irony of it is, that a bunch of MS execs run windows on a MBP body. :P

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences? I read somewhere that the drivers for Macs are not the best.

Leave a comment:

• Vicros
    replied
    Apple can run windows. use the parallel's program or the boot camp program and you run each individually or side by side lol..MAC's are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    I love the build quality and aesthetics of Apple but the functionality of Windows.

Apple hardware running Windows... The best combo, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    Took another look at MacBooks yesterday, and I think I'm gonna do it - the display is fantastic, as a long time webdesigner I need color accuracy, and it seems MacBooks have better displays than most PC notebooks I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• Vicros
    replied
    I switched from Pc to Mac and i love it. I will never own another pc.

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Amiga ftw!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sergio68
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    Why did I get quoted?

The fanboys from either side have to come out a try to prove that they are better than the other party when in reality, both are equally stupid for trying to sway personal preference.
    I'm so sorry to be such a stupid, I thought to express just my opinion about it.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X