Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pank
    replied
    Using Win7 and XP in Parallels and everything runs smoking fast I used a PC for many years and made the switch years ago, have not looked back since.

Leave a comment:

• nforums
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    And like I stated above, Win7 works perfect under Boot Camp when you use the 3.0 drivers (on the Snow Leopard DVD.) I guess you'd still officially do this at your own risk, but it's fine. No issues at all.
    I'll confirm this for you, I use win7 under bootcamp as well with no problems.

Even though, I haven't used it much, when I do everything works just like it should.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    What ?????

Originally posted by aqeel1 View Post
    I don't under stand that what meant my mac no or is this is mac address or some thing else.

Leave a comment:

• aqeel1
    replied
    I don't under stand that what meant my mac no or is this is mac address or some thing else.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    Still undecided, but I have to decide soon...

Leave a comment:

• Lucas
    replied
    Originally posted by wii View Post
    Still in doubt, I look at the HP Envy 13 again, which looks great, but it's expensive.

The MacBooks are also great, but I don't like OSX that much, it looks like a kids operating system, all those animated icons and stuff, I really don't need that, and my main problem would be all those Windows only programs that I have to use, which I can't run on OSX, I know it can run Windows, but how well does that work for a computer that is not made for it?
    Buy an HP or Dell with Win7 64bit. You'll be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by jasetaro View Post
    Correct, Windows 7 isn't officially supported under Boot Camp yet Apple has promised support by the end of the year though. Windows 7 runs fine under VMWare Fusion though.
    And like I stated above, Win7 works perfect under Boot Camp when you use the 3.0 drivers (on the Snow Leopard DVD.) I guess you'd still officially do this at your own risk, but it's fine. No issues at all.

Leave a comment:

• jasetaro
    replied
    Apparently Windows 7 is not officially supported.
    Correct, Windows 7 isn't officially supported under Boot Camp yet Apple has promised support by the end of the year though. Windows 7 runs fine under VMWare Fusion though.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Whether it's officially supported or not, Windows 7 works just fine on Boot Camp using the 3.0 drivers. I've had no issues whatsoever. Virtually anything that works with Vista will work with 7, since they share the same 6.x kernel.
    Originally posted by ericgtr View Post
    Every time I turn on the TV I see that MAC guy slamming Windows, never once have I seen an ad that actually promotes their product and I know nothing about it because all they do is put down Windows. Reading through this thread I am learning way more than I would ever from a MAC ad, in fact I am certain if they weren't such a turn off I would've bought the mini by now.
    It's because Apple is the immature loser who can't do anything except bash the competition, like Pepsi used to do for years and years against Coca-Cola.

Leave a comment:

• ericgtr
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Don't listen to Steve and the other Windows boiz

It's Mac OSX or bust!
    Every time I turn on the TV I see that MAC guy slamming Windows, never once have I seen an ad that actually promotes their product and I know nothing about it because all they do is put down Windows. Reading through this thread I am learning way more than I would ever from a MAC ad, in fact I am certain if they weren't such a turn off I would've bought the mini by now.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fPower
    replied
    If I would get another Mac now, I'd go for the 27-inch Quad-Core iMac. It costs $1999, but that's with a 2560 x 1440 27 inch screen. It's probably the most cost efficient Mac that ever has been manufactured.

But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences? I read somewhere that the drivers for Macs are not the best.
    I don't know if there are any tests for Windows 7, but here's a thread I came across comparing how Vista runs on Macs compared with how Vista runs on other PCs:
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=207400285
    Last edited by fPower; Sun 6th Dec '09, 2:17am.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by relou View Post
    Macs are for more for designers
    Not exclusively, no. Anyone can use them.

Not to mention that all the same "designing" software is available on Windows, too.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Eh.. macs are for everyone now, you can even get them for very affordable prices

Leave a comment:

• socceronly
    replied
    Why.

Give one explanation why.

Photoshop, illustrator .... ect... it's all software. That is what we use. The OS has nothing to do with it.

If I could use those on Ubuntu I wouldn't use OSX or Windows.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X