• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by wii View Post
    but I love the hardware of the Macs
    Macs stopped using any kind of proprietary hardware several years ago. Today it is processors and chipsets by Intel, video cards by ATI and NVIDIA and so forth. You should really compare Windows 7 Laptops and Mac Laptops. You can get a lot more oomph for your money with a Windows 7 laptop and also get touch screen laptops if you desire.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    OS X is just much more intuitive - all the little things add up. And now that I'm getting into coding/server administration, I love how it is unix based. I find I am a lot more productive with OS X in almost everything I do. But it's all down to personal choice - if you like windows, good for you... I know I wouldn't go back to it now.

For games I use the PS3 - most of the best games are on it, and a lot of the time exclusively for it.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    I would only recommend a Mac for it's OS, which imo, is the biggest reason to get it - OS X is just awesome and miles better than windows.

If you prefer windows (god knows why!) then I see little point in getting a Mac.
    There are tons of small things, and large things that I don't like about OSX and that will stop me from ever using it as my main machine. I'm sure this is why many others don't use it. I've been using PC's and Macs since I was a tiny child. I prefer Windows to OSX for my every day life, there are some programs I'm not willing to give up. Oh, and gaming.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    I would only recommend a Mac for it's OS, which imo, is the biggest reason to get it - OS X is just awesome and miles better than windows.

If you prefer windows (god knows why!) then I see little point in getting a Mac.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Get a Mac. And install Windows if you really need it.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If you want windows, get a windows based laptop. I actually really enjoy OSX on my laptop. But i wouldn't want to work from my laptop fulltime.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you love Windows, then get a Windows laptop. You will get more computer for your money.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    started a topic Should I get a Mac?

Should I get a Mac?

I'm planning a new laptop purchase, as a longtime PC user, I actually like Windows, but I love the hardware of the Macs, should I get one, and just use Bootcamp in case I need Windows stuff, or should I just get a new Windows laptop?

Let me read your thoughts about this,

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X