Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get a Mac?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    There aren't any black ones though. Personally, I hate the silver brushed metal look that is popular in electronics these days. At least most of the other computer manufacturers give you color choices.
    No argument there, choice is good and I don't understand why Mac does not do this. Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RaceJunkie View Post
      Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?
      Don't know. Soft Drink companies don't seem to have any problem with it at 6 cents cost to manufacture each can.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Don't know. Soft Drink companies don't seem to have any problem with it at 6 cents cost to manufacture each can.
        Good point, and I agree it can be done just don't know why it's not.

        Comment


        • Obviously Apple doesn't paint the alu unibody cases because paint is cheap looking & not durable (will always wear out after some time) and not environmentally friendly (which was one of the priorities in the latest series). But most important of all, I have never heard any Apple user complain about not being able to have an alu mac in different colors. It seems to be something PC users have desperately found to pick on. Funny, because wasn't iMac the first computer that introduced the colored (transparent) plastic series? Now they introduce something new, it's called innovation. BTW I wonder how long it will take before PC manufacturers start copying again.
          Last edited by dutchbb; Mon 21st Dec '09, 5:58am.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
            BTW I wonder how long it will take before PC manufacturers start copying again.
            Did they ever stop?

            Comment


            • Companies copy each other all the time.

              Microsoft does it. Apple does it (don't even try to tell me they don't). Dell does it. HP does it.

              Everybody does. There is no way a single company does not copy off some other competing company in one way or another.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RaceJunkie View Post
                No argument there, choice is good and I don't understand why Mac does not do this. Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?
                Apple used to offer the "BlackBook" as a $125 premium.

                Why they stopped offering it when the MacBook was redesigned is anyone's guess.
                Forums

                Comment


                • The choice is really easy. Get a Mac and you can enjoy both systems as you like. Get a Wintel-rack and you're stuck with Windows.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Garamond View Post
                    The choice is really easy. Get a Mac and you can enjoy both systems as you like. Get a Wintel-rack and you're stuck with Windows.
                    You could always run a hackintosh

                    My gf's Macbook just crashed and died. We're 99% sure its the logic board :/ time to go computer shopping.

                    FWIW While in the apple store yesterday we saw an awful lot of the new imacs sitting at the genius bar waiting to be repaired/fixed.

                    Comment


                    • Since the internal hardware is pretty much the same as any other computer, it shouldn't get broken more easily. I think most computer problems people have are software related anyway, Apple seems to win in that department, having less of the typical PC issues...
                      Last edited by dutchbb; Thu 24th Dec '09, 12:48pm.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        You could always run a hackintosh

                        My gf's Macbook just crashed and died. We're 99% sure its the logic board :/ time to go computer shopping.

                        FWIW While in the apple store yesterday we saw an awful lot of the new imacs sitting at the genius bar waiting to be repaired/fixed.
                        There is some kind of problem with the hardware in the i7 iMacs. Not sure what it is. I do know it has affected just about all of them that were first generation.
                        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          You could always run a hackintosh

                          My gf's Macbook just crashed and died. We're 99% sure its the logic board :/ time to go computer shopping.

                          FWIW While in the apple store yesterday we saw an awful lot of the new imacs sitting at the genius bar waiting to be repaired/fixed.
                          What a tragic scene :/
                          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

                          Comment


                          • My brother and his company have had it with the problems and frustration that Microsoft Windows has given them in the last few years and are about to invest in a 27" iMac as workstation and a Mac Pro server (with 24" Cinema Display). To improve security, performance, but more importantly to take away the daily frustrations and improve the workflow. And to ensure that their work isn't interrupted BootCamp will have WinXP on it with their known programs to revert back to. Next in line is my niece who had a cheap laptop and had complains throughout her college years. Now that she's going to the university she's getting a 13" MacBook Pro and iPhone. I've been on Mac myself since 2005 and not looking back. And I can't wait for my dads machine to break down for the last time and instead of fixing it to place a MacPro at his office with BootCamp and WinXP to fall back on an his existing monitors. He also has a bunch of presentations in 2010 and is looking into 17" MacBook Pro seriously now so he can a) see the letters and b) use its performance to have the presentation go smoothly. Once they have used my system for a week to see if they like it they have been converted. Impressed by the interface, the design, the performance, the simplicity and unified GUI and ease of adaption. They always shrugged at my convert so it's good to see that once they used it a bit they have basically seen the light.

                            Comment


                            • You know I use my new Mini now about 90% of the time. The only time I ever boot into Windows now is to check email. I just can't find an email app for OS X that compares to Outlook. Once I do and move my email accounts over I'll be Windows free.
                              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AWS View Post
                                You know I use my new Mini now about 90% of the time. The only time I ever boot into Windows now is to check email. I just can't find an email app for OS X that compares to Outlook. Once I do and move my email accounts over I'll be Windows free.
                                MS Office for Mac, Entourage. Office 2010 for Mac will include Outlook.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X