X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the hacks under GNU?

if yes!!

why vbulletin use some hacks without any permission?

if no.......

that is mean the vbulletin use open source in another way!!

Hacks are not released under the GPL (I assume that's what you are referring to) unless the author specifically states it. I can only think of one who has done this. You cannot release vBulletin code under the GPL anyway - you can only release your original code that is an addition to vBulletin under the GPL.

99% of the time, the idea of a hack is used as opposed to actual code and therefore it is not subject to any license agreements.

Comment

are u sure?

Comment

Yes I'm absolutely positive. Why?

Comment

because when some one creat hack and as i know it is free but when another one use it in commercial site that purchase vbulletin but he did not ask the hack coder to permit hem to use it!!!!!!!

i think it should to warn any hack coder to tell us in which way they release thier hack!!

i think vbulletin get a lot of idea and hacks without permission as we heared!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArabicFox
            because when some one creat hack and as i know it is free but when another one use it in commercial site that purchase vbulletin but he did not ask the hack coder to permit hem to use it!!!!!!!

i think it should to warn any hack coder to tell us in which way they release thier hack!!

although hacks remain the copyright of the author unless explicity stated as GPL if you post them in the hacking forums then people are going to use them. If you don't want commercial sites, or some other group of people to use the hacked code than you will want to say this when you release the hack. Sure, you don't have to do this legally and theoretically, even if you post a hack in the forums everyone should have to ask you to use it, it is taken as given that you are posting a hack so that it can be used.

The mods will support any license agreement you put on your own code (but this can only be yours and not include any vb code of course) but you need to explicitly state it if you are using a license such as commercial sites have to pay.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

- your can't copyright or patent an idea. How do you know the hacker had the idea first?

- VB does not include hacked code into VB for this very reason. The only thing i think that a hacker ever made that was put in was the polls code (which has since been drastically altered) and this was done with permission.

Your allegations are false and unfounded.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

may be and may be ============>not!!

Comment

may be and may be ============>not!!
                  proof please, otherwise you're just trolling...
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

ArabicFox, hacks are not under the GPL, and that's all there is to it. (unless stated otherwise, and I don't remember when that happened)

Chris, there were more hacks that got added, although a bit minor.
                    I remember a lot of tubedogg's hacks that got in, and also one by Bira (it was split & move, IIRC).
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                      ArabicFox, hacks are not under the GPL, and that's all there is to it. (unless stated otherwise, and I don't remember when that happened)

Chris, there were more hacks that got added, although a bit minor.
                      I remember a lot of tubedogg's hacks that got in, and also one by Bira (it was split & move, IIRC).

FireFly... did u talk with me baby?

you are new here and please do not write israel in location because its real name is palestine!!

Comment

As I said ... a troll
                        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

This thread has outlived it's usefulness.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X