come have a look-see!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come have a look-see!

Hi. I've spent a lot of time working on my board, marrying it up with the usenet hack. If anyone is interested in taking it on a test run, I'd be thankful. It's not 100% finished. It may never be.

You can find it here:

http://www.kdpublish.com/index.php

KALLISTI - currently
    under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

what's usenet?

wow, nifty layout. total conversion. not bad at all.

Comment

cool, never seen a VB look like that before!

one question, why are you using ver 2.0.0 ?
      http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
      http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
      http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

Probably did the template editing during 2.0.0 ... I can imagine upgrading and rehacking that kind of look would be a major pain ...

Looks nice
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

That is insane! Congrats on the design and layout, very simple, but i cant imagine how many hours of hacking went into that!
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Not bad at all? Looks nice? Me think it's a work of art

And as for upgrading, I see a great many hours of work in that design. Hope that most stuff is in the templates, and that you've documented every change, Jennifer

Comment

i wouldn't think it would be *that* hard to upgrade that... since the layout is completely customized you wouldn't have to worry about little html layout changes in the new default templates... all you would have to worry about are any changes in $variables used in the default templates.... i would think.

Comment

thank you!

i do indeed work on this thing all the time - they won't let me be creative at my job so I take it all out at night.

i have not upgraded to 2.2 because i am waiting until the end of my current modifications (snicker) to make the leap in code base. i trust 2.0 is still secure?

i love this software. and this is a great board right here. thanks again for visiting and your kind feedback.

cheers,
                J

KALLISTI - currently
                under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

Comment

Re: thank you!

Originally posted by JenniferS
                  i trust 2.0 is still secure?
                  any vbs running versions before 2.0.3 should at least update their sessions.php file in the admin directory.

Comment

Wow what a design

Looks very "arty" which I guess is the idea.

Like the way you have brought the newsgroups in. I'm considering putting newsgroups back on my site too.
                    Motorsport Forums

Comment

WOW one of the best looking design I've seen. Great job!
                      <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

Comment

That is an awesome design Jennifer! Good job!

But please consider upgrading to 2.2.0 as soon as possible to benefit from some security fixes.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Major thumbs up. Excellent job!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X