No more than 7 days to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more than 7 days to go

today is 8th. no later than 15? ok, only 7 days to go from now! i am excited, r u guys???

Yep... I have a full copy of one off my sites, less any mods, awaiting the release to begin development.

Comment

today is 8th. no later than 15? ok, only 7 days to go from now! i am excited, r u guys???
      Absolutely, very excited.

About what?
      Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

they are waiting for vB 4.0.0 Public Beta Release (Release Canidate?)

Comment

Originally posted by ywwz View Post
          No later than mid November, not no later than 15th November. Not quite the same thing.

Besides, if it's not ready, they will delay it.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            No later than mid November, not no later than 15th November. Not quite the same thing.

Besides, if it's not ready, they will delay it.
            As they rightfully should.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Absolutely... I would much prefer the best beta they have, than one that stumbles completely right from install. I won't be installing this onto my main forum whilst in beta, but will use on two new ventures I am within and only getting off the ground. These will be my testing grounds for the software. I do have a complete replica though of my main forum that I will begin playing with... but overall, I will be waiting until the cool widgets and so forth begin being developed to harness more functional power from the system... hopefully it all comes together for my main site when Gold is released.

Comment

I'm just gonna keep riding in the back seat of the fun bus and shouting at the driver when he starts heading over the yellow line. Thats about all I'm good for. Let me know when we get to the stop, and I'll get off.
                Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Very excited. Almost like waiting for a Google Wave invite although I'm hoping this beta will leave me more satisfied.

Comment

I am excited - it says mid-november which is around the 15th. However instead of releasing us something now to shut us up and give them peace for a day or two they will wait till the final day to release anything - which is a complete shame.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                      I am excited - it says mid-november which is around the 15th. However instead of releasing us something now to shut us up and give them peace for a day or two they will wait till the final day to release anything - which is a complete shame.

No, they'll release it when it is ready. This is a major matter because some people will run it on production sites so they need to be reasonably confident it isn't going to suddenly break stuff. Such is the risk of running betas live though.

If it turns out it's not ready for public release yet, even as a beta, by mid nov, they will delay it.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

which is what I said. They were arguing as to when mid-november was I said 15th as it is the 15th/16th, and I also said that instead of releasing something now to shut up up they will wait until the final day fixing up the already reported bugs and adding as much as they can and release it on the final day.

I am actually expecting it to be delayed at least until after the Pre-Sale is finished with that way those who then want to play with it are forced into the higher price so I am definately not holding my breath.

Comment

i'm ready since one week ago

Comment

It should have been made available to all licensed customers from the get-go. Why they waited this long is beyond me.

If people refuse to RTFM and run alpha/beta software on their site, it's no one's problem but their own.
                            Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                              It should have been made available to all licensed customers from the get-go. Why they waited this long is beyond me.

If people refuse to RTFM and run alpha/beta software on their site, it's no one's problem but their own.
                              In a way, they are doing the same thing they have always done - released the beta to the public. It's going to be a beta 3 that gets released to the public for vb4, whereas I think it was a beta 2 released for vb3.8. The thing they did differently is let some of the public in on the testing during the alpha phase which is something they haven't done before.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment