Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7 - If You Got It, Do You Like It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macme.org
    replied
    I've got it! But it's alright, I say get a Mac!

Leave a comment:

• ronboc
    replied
    Ive just upgraded to Win 7 and so far i think its pretty good.

I bought a whole new system for it. I found Vista to be horrible.*

Leave a comment:

• lav0s
    replied
    new build with core i7 and is runing much better than i expected

win7 is as my ex wife, expect the unexpeted, i expected crashes and in 3 months of beta without shutdown no troubles, now in retail all run smooth and how it should be so.... win7 was installed in my pc to stay

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    I run in on my htpc. I love it.

Plan to use it on my next build too.

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    How quickly we forget and abandon old technology. Sneakernet still works nearly 100% of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor on my stepson's computer. Had to hook it up to the router and allow Windows to download the drivers from Windows Update to get it working. Netgear hasn't updated the drivers on their site yet but have submitted new ones to Windows Update. Go Figure. But once I hooked it up to the lan and plugged the card in, it installed immediately instead of trying to use the disk that came with the device.
    Unfortunately, my computer is on the other side of the house from the router. It would have been a major pain in the ass to move the entire computer so I can wire it up to the router to download one driver.

Luckily, I remembered I had downloaded the driver a few weeks beforehand, in a (non-successful) attempt at getting Fedora + ndiswrapper to work with my card.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    I have. My Netgear WG311v3 Wireless PCI Card did not work when I installed the Windows 7 RC a few months back. Probably because I couldn't connect to Windows Update to get the drivers.

Other than that, everything worked fine. My Dad has even said he was going to upgrade his laptop to Windows 7, and he's an XP fan.
    I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor on my stepson's computer. Had to hook it up to the router and allow Windows to download the drivers from Windows Update to get it working. Netgear hasn't updated the drivers on their site yet but have submitted new ones to Windows Update. Go Figure. But once I hooked it up to the lan and plugged the card in, it installed immediately instead of trying to use the disk that came with the device.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    I have. My Netgear WG311v3 Wireless PCI Card did not work when I installed the Windows 7 RC a few months back. Probably because I couldn't connect to Windows Update to get the drivers.

Other than that, everything worked fine. My Dad has even said he was going to upgrade his laptop to Windows 7, and he's an XP fan.
    Well, that was the RC you had issues with... Have you tried to see if it now works on the RTM? Because I know for me, Windows Update was able to find a lot of drivers for my Dell notebook, including drivers I needed for the built-in fingerprint scanner and webcam. When I was running Win7 RC, Windows Update did not offer any of those driver updates.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    No.. Haven't found a single device in my household that isn't supported.

Leave a comment:

• fufu
    replied
    Originally posted by mondiuk View Post
    Everything i have is supported, the only thing you need to check the antivirus you have you bee able to upgade to work for vindows7..
    Microsoft offers FREE Anti-virus for XP2, Vista, Win7 since October 30th, 2009.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    I use Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) and I have to say its the best operating system I have ever used and I have used loads including (Microsoft Windows 95 // 98 // ME // XP // Vista || Suse Linux 11).

The main features I like in Windows 7 are :-
    • Taskbar pinning.
    • Now it lets you uninstall programs (IE // Media Player // Media Center).
    • Performance (It's not crashed on me yet!).

The only down side I have it wont run old games like (Dungeon Keeper).

Leave a comment:

• mondiuk
    replied
    Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
    A concern i was recently put with is that "apparently" the drivers for my hardware, such as graphics card, sound card (I have quite a old 5.1 surround sound card) and a few other things would not be supported or compatible.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Everything i have is supported, the only thing you need to check the antivirus you have you bee able to upgade to work for vindows7..

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Ran the 7 beta in a VM and found it super nice. Bought the retail version of pro when it came out and am staring at the unopened box on my desk right now. Just too much going on to perform a full upgrade at the moment. Maybe over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• mondiuk
    replied
    I upgraded to windows 7 last week and am wery imprest how good it is.. i had vista home prenium, but vista is the most anoing thing i had in years and i hated so match..

now i upgreded to v7 64-bit home prenium and is fast and easy to use.. if you heve good pc wth a minimum of 3 gb memory rum get v7 you will not regreted..

Leave a comment:

• fufu
    replied
    Originally posted by NittoMOD View Post
    But Vista SP2 to 7 not much (other than graphical) difference between the two.
    Kudos. +2

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X