Who did what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did what?

As soon as I got the email, I pre-ordered the suite.
    I pre-ordered vB 4.0 Publishing Suite
    31.43%
    I pre-ordered vB 4.0 Forum Classic
    2.86%
    I'll pre-order vB 4.0 Publishing Suite after I have the money
    8.57%
    I'll pre-order vB 4.0 Forum Classic after I have the money
    0.00%
    I have no intentions of upgrading to vB 4.0
    34.29%
    Other (explain below)
    22.86%
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

As soon as I got the email, I realised I had made a big mistake picking vBulletin over IPB.

Comment

I pre-ordered the suite because I want the updated blogs
      I don't much care for the CMS
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I am going to wait till they release more information. I as soon as I think it's worth it, I am going to invest the money.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

I was forced to vote Other because there are no options for ordering rather than pre-ordering. With the 2-week time frame there is no way I can pre-order 4.0, but I will be ordering it when I have the money. It will most likely be at 4.1 before that happens, lol.
          ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

More then likely I will not be able to pay for the reduced upgrade of my expired license.

Plus the price of just upgrading the forums has gone up.
            I will most likely switch to IBP..
            Don't get me wrong, I like vB. Have liked it for many years, I will probably set up a new forum still using the old license and use IBP for my current site.

Comment

I plan on pre-ordering it as soon as a demo or better screen shots are posted and questions are answered.

If IB don't come out with a demo or better screen shots before the deadline, I will have to decide if I want to take the leap of faith and buy it early or wait so I can see what it is exactly that I am buying.

I understand all the negative posts running around here and wish there were less of them, but I do believe that IB should have waited until they had something to show us before the pre buy offer. From a business stance, it would have just made better sense.

Comment

Other: No intention of doing anything until I see something useful
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by JamieinNH View Post
                  I understand all the negative posts running around here and wish there were less of them, but I do believe that IB should have waited until they had something to show us before the pre buy offer. From a business stance, it would have just made better sense.
                  Completely agree
                  "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
                  "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
                  "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

Not only do I agree with JamieinNH, but I also dislike the new EULA. Which I'm sure that a few will agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                      Other: No intention of doing anything until I see something useful
                      same here, so, other voted for
                      https://scottishminis.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to the Scottish Mini scene
                      https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

Will stay with 3.8.4 for 8-10 months and then switch to IPB.
                        I need a drink...

Comment

I was thinking of ordering 4.0, for Support solutions..

But DeskPRO would probably be best..

Been running forums since 1998, and kind have fallen out of the use!!
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X