Rest In Peace, IE6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Rest In Peace, IE6

Apparently someone has suffered long enough to take it upon himself to murder Internet Explorer 6:

http://ripie6.com/

Cool grave, I admit.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Why doesn't he just use IE7 or 8 instead of complaining about 6?
    Forums

Comment

It s still "alive" on my comp. That been said I only used it to download Mozilla.

Comment

cool site
        I haven't used ie6 for years
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
          Many, many companies are tied to IE6 through various applications. They are slowly getting these apps updated to newer IE versions. My own company is stuck with IE6, until other business apps are updated.

(I've got FF installed covertly on my work machine, but I have to use IE6 to access all of our web based business apps.)
          To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
            He says the campaign is not about people familiar of IE6's drawbacks (i.e. designers, developers, etc.):
            RIPIE6 is not another nail in the coffin of Internet Explorer 6. It is not a new campaign for killing IE6, because It's already dead. RIPIE6 is not intended for web developers and it's certainly not a cure for Internet Explorer 6.

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
              Many, many companies are tied to IE6 through various applications. They are slowly getting these apps updated to newer IE versions. My own company is stuck with IE6, until other business apps are updated.

(I've got FF installed covertly on my work machine, but I have to use IE6 to access all of our web based business apps.)

Same situation for me ... I hate it
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

In case someone haven't noticed, clicking on the grave image opens an obituary of IE6 in PDF format.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X