No announcement yet.

When it s time to move to dedi server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat When it s time to move to dedi server?

Hi,

We changed couple of cheap hosting, but there were always problems with failures, DDOS and hacking, offline servers, lack of support, slow loading..., finaly decision was made to move to dedicated server. Although it is much more expensive, it was one of the best decision ever made.

In more than 2 years we had aprox. 50 hours offline, with fast support, and fast site.

This decision was made when we hit almost 400.000 posts and 600 MB complete site.

What about you, what do you think when is right time to move from donkey to horse?

www.byethost.com
    No problems for 7 months!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthek View Post
      What about you, what do you think when is right time to move from donkey to horse?
      It's simple: As soon as possible to have enough room for the forums to grow.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthek View Post
        Hi,

We changed couple of cheap hosting, but there were always problems with failures, DDOS and hacking, offline servers, lack of support, slow loading..., finaly decision was made to move to dedicated server. Although it is much more expensive, it was one of the best decision ever made.

In more than 2 years we had aprox. 50 hours offline, with fast support, and fast site.

This decision was made when we hit almost 400.000 posts and 600 MB complete site.

Go with a VPS, I find them so much better than a dedicated Server, RAID and uptime 100% you get FULL ROOT Access- eg: ServINT.com (for me) I have had 0 downtime in many years, and really no problems at all that were not just general.....

You get full WHM / Cpanel access to all VPS's!!!! All VPS servers are loaded with resources, just take a look!!!
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X