This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why??

I think I have this great idea for a bulletin, so I put it together and no one is coming to it!! I look through all the members here and I see bulletins with thousands of members. I want to be like that! IT IS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING!! Help!! I want hundreds of thousands of people using it soon!! it is a good idea!!

How and Where should I Advertise???!?!

I think I have this great idea for a bulletin, so I put it together and no one is coming to it!! I look through all the members here and I see bulletins with thousands of members. I want to be like that! IT IS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING!! Help!! I want hundreds of thousands of people using it soon!! it is a good idea!!

ARG?!

Comment

moved to chit chat forum.....
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

please don't cross post... duplicate closed
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Why??

This is basic chit chat so here goes some chit chat and a question...not quite sure how this is cross threading but i am going to try it again!

Comment

well

one way is to goto site similar to yours and post

"i went to this site on x and found x, what do you guys think"

and people will follow the link and the owner wont be mad because he wont know it is you trying to steal his members LOL.

good luck. yahoo goes a long way.

most boards take YEARS to get going, stick with it!

Comment

Re: How do I advertise!!!

Originally posted by Jades976
              what is this big idea you talk about ?

i want to advertise my site - details plz.
              Email: [email protected]
              Site: Under Construction

Comment

well,

I made this site www.doctrinetalk.com and i want people to go to it. I see all these people who have this forum software with memberships up to and beyond 11,000 people and that is what I want. How can i do it??? where can i advertise it so i get that many people on my site???

Comment

You need;
                  • to find search engines and add yourself
                  • to put this is your signature so other people can see
                  • you need to advertise on sites for free (your friends, sites ?)
                  • have a mission statement on your site so people can see what it is for
                  • if you have the money - pay someone to place a banner on there site (not popup!)

I hope that helps
                  Email: [email protected]
                  Site: Under Construction

Comment

It does

Thanks it does!!

Comment

It takes a lot of work, and a lot of patience!

Members are not just going to appear.

Post on other forums and put a url to your site in your sig.

Get listed in search engines.

Try a banner exchange, I use a fitness banner exchange, and it seems to help with exposure.
                      http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                      http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                      http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

what is the link??

what is the link to that search engine??

Comment

Re: what is the link??

Originally posted by Jades976
                          what is the link to that search engine??
                          There are hundreds (proabably around 400+) of search engines!

You can pay companies to have your site listed, or you can manually submit them, the big ones can take several months to list you.
                          http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                          http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                          http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

You can't just expect to get 100s of thousands of people, especially anytime soon.

It doesn't matter how popular your boards subject is or how popular you think your board is, it doesn't matter if your board is about the hottest most debated subject today, it takes time to get lots of members, sometimes months, even years.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mr. obvious man...the question was what to do

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X