No announcement yet.

Computer Gamers (or marketing geniuses)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Gamers (or marketing geniuses)

Ever since I switched to vBulletin, my site's traffic has gone up (straight up), and I love it (as I have said before). I'm trying to kinda fit in here (I hope my first impression was pretty good)... and hope not to annoy everybody too much.

Either way, my forums, http://forum.ta-network.net, well, they are pretty much so dead. We have team members posting, and some fans, but I am trying to get a real community going here. We're building a computer game, and I want to get some people interested and talking about it, minglign with the team members, etc.

We don't JUST do games either, we have image designers, web programmers, just about everything. If you have questions or anything, come in... I guess my question is, does anybody have any miracle marketing ideas for a rather low traffic forum? I need help!

fixed URL
    Last edited by Martin; Mon 29th Oct '01, 6:24pm.

the only things I know to do that don't involve costs are to get involved in link exchanges and post to relevant usenet groups.

if you post in the usenet groups, don't just spam them with links to your site, but stay on topic, be helpful, get involved and make a nice, clean sig with a short eplanation of your site and a link.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Like my sig, its clean cut and it spells "spam" hehe jk
      Board of the Month: November
      Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
      Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
      vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

I'm kind of laughing about this. I mean, don't take it the wrong way, But I once thought "Build it and they will come" would work for most communities. But after reading the numerous posts on this same topic and posts from the likes of Freddie and especially Wayne Luke, I finally came to believe that it is more like "Build it, then

promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and promote it and...

Finally they will come. I know this probably doesn't appeal to you. It really doesn't appeal to me either for that matter, but do a search here in the vBulletin community with the words " forum promotion" or "community promotion" or something along those lines. There are some real good posts burried in here on the topic and some real good advice as to how to go about it.

Look for some posts by Wayne Luke. Also, you may try reading a bit on the topic of site promotion at Sitepoint.com. I have learned a great deal there reading some of the articles. Very knowledgable writers over there. Give it a try. But most of all, don't get discouraged and keep trying.

Comment

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
          X